Paul Gilbert...Can he play ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Gilbert...Can he play ???

I just got his "Get out of my yard" CD. I have 3 words to say !!! Holy crap !!!

(I can count so don't bother ...)

Cool stuff. He can play alright !!! I like that most of the songs start out as a basic riff and then he expands the shit out of it midway.

You guys have to hear the acoustic thing he dedicates to Eddie V. Cool as hell, and then you read that he plays it on 3 f%@#in' strings tuned to E.

Here's to ya Paul !!!

He sure can play! GOOMY is pretty cool, but I like his other vocal songs more, actually! I think he's a great songwriter and he can really get passed the 'shredding' and write some damn catchy and great songs! Burning Organs is one of my latest faves, just awesome.

You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Monster player...very few who can touch him.

Comment

one of the best players in the world, that's for sure. can't wait to hear new album!

Comment

I just got it this evening. Got to be one of the top instrumental guitar CD's right next to Passion And Warfare and Perpetual Burn.
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Would like to see a transcription to the first 35 seconds of Get out of My Yard.... That is just some monster playing.
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
              Would like to see a transcription to the first 35 seconds of Get out of My Yard.... That is just some monster playing.
              Sounds like a nintendo game, Dragonforce eat your damn heart out

sounds like he might of been using a whammy at the start or some crazy studio trickery.
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Originally posted by pagemalicious
                Sounds like a nintendo game, Dragonforce eat your damn heart out

sounds like he might of been using a whammy at the start or some crazy studio trickery.
                Cool as hell !!! That's all I know !!!

Comment

Can he play? That's asking my wife if I can fart!

HELLS YEAH!
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

no one can touch him in terms of percussive picking. he is one of a kind

Comment

Not only is he a top notch player he also has a personality, which sets him apart from many of the shredders out there. He has a great ability to write for the song but still get some crazy licks in there.

Comment

Just got the new CD
                        Pretty good stuff, he is definitely still on top of his game, and he is a funny fucker
                        I'm going to have to listen to it a few more times.
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

The first 35 seconds are sped up I believe. Nay? I thought I heard Paul say something about it. :p

Comment

more like the 11 first seconds are sped up...then it's back to normal warp speed

Comment

I can hardly tell, his picking is so insanely clean.

Comment

Working...
                              X