No announcement yet.

Paul Gilbert...Can he play ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bud bought big heavy Variac with the big 'ol dial on approx 25 years ago ..like Ed uses..Ed turns the voltage down to about 90Volts..which is like a brown out..hence the "Brown sound" his bro coined.

It works, but people say it will cuse damage to an amp..My VH tirbute friend bought a white"82 annivesary Marshall when it just came out and used that thing everday for years on end without issue..he dropped the voltage down even below 90 volts when volume was full tilt..they tubes barely glowed..it sounded very warm.. and kept the volume level in check for the band.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin
      Dude can play and has a great sense of humour. From the PG FAQ:

Q: What does the Racer X song "Y.R.O." stand for?
      A: Yngwie Rip Off.

Q: Are you Buckethead?
      A: No. I am not Buckethead.
      But in 9th grade I was Pete Willis from Def Leppard.

If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I liked his old Ibanez ad, titled Cereal Killer, with him downing a bowl of cereal, at the kitchen table.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I've seen a lot of his appearances on Marty Friedman's japanese tv show on youtube and he's pretty damn good!

Comment

I saw him play a show last year. It was like watching a stand-up comic and impressionist who was also an insanely talented guitarist!

Comment

He grew up, not too far down the road form where I did. He used to be in a band called Giant. By about the time I got into the local scene, though, he had already left for Cali., but the band continued. The dude they got to replace him was no slouch, either. Used to see them, at a local place, City Limits. A few years later, I get a copy of Second Heat, and I'm wondering why I already know the one song, words and all, so I grab the casette insert, and read "Living The Hard Way", and the writing credit were "P. Gilbert" and "D. Gonzales". Then it hit me: I HAD heard the song before. It was previously a Giant tune, written back when he was with them. Dave Gonzales was Ginat's singer. Sadly, that's the closest I ever got to Paul, himself. He really DOES look to be one of those guys you'd love to just hang out with.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                He sucks..

He was a student of Vinnie Vincent.

Paul Gilbert's real name is Peter Gosinya

his solos are all sped up in the studio ..even on his instruction tapes..

His live solos are pre recorded ..he's just playing air guitar to the tape really..and he's allergic to fish..and never had the chicken pox.

Gilbert Godfried is his father and showed him to scream into his pickup

Betcha didn't know that..
                what the hell?

Comment

Working...
                X