Brad Paisley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Paisley

I didn't know who he was, but a buddy told me to give him a listen. A country guitarist, but pretty good.

My friend says that he plays a G-bend tele guitar..........??????? I guess its something modified onto the guitar that gives him a steel guitar effect?

I'm not a big country fan, but he's not as voice twangy as the others. Heard of him?
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

I think that's a unit mounted in the back of the spring cavity..you gotta kinda dry hump the guitar to make it work..

I don't think I wanna do that!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

brad paisley is awesome. i have all of his stuff. he's a rippin' player and has a pretty good sense of humor in his music.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by donf
        My friend says that he plays a G-bend tele guitar..........???????
        Here's some info on B-Benders and G-Benders.
        http://www.stringbender.com/bender/fenderb.html

http://www.stringbender.com/bender/fbbtec.htm
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It wasn't until I listened to Paisley that I was inspired to get a Tele. Soon afterwards I got a Model 7. He's the youngest inductee in the Grand Ol Oprey. That's quite an achievement.

Comment

The Guy f-in rips. My daughters like the guy so we went to see him. Great player. Some of his stuff is crappy commercial country and some of its great but the playing is great on all. Check out Time Warp, Spaghetti Western Swing or Make a Mistake (the instrumental version).
            http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
              Thanks Joe
              Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Originally posted by donf
                I didn't know who he was, but a buddy told me to give him a listen. A country guitarist, but pretty good.

My friend says that he plays a G-bend tele guitar..........??????? I guess its something modified onto the guitar that gives him a steel guitar effect?

I'm not a big country fan, but he's not as voice twangy as the others. Heard of him?
                He rips, I've never seen him use a G-bender on any of his guitars. I may be mistaken though. I do know he uses Crook custom guitars which are just tele copies (nice ones at that).

Like blindmuddy said, a majority of his tunes are commercial (gotta pay the bills ) but he does hide 1-2 instrumental tracks per album which haven't let me down yet. And even on the commercial songs he still manages to go off at solo time

Comment

Those instrumental jams on his CD's are cool and comical. In HS I used to listen to my dad's Nitty Gritty Dirt Band albums with special guests like Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson. Some of that stuff amazed me even though at the time I was a die hard Randy Rhodes, EVH, Lynch fan.

My wife is into country. One day I borrowed her SUV and wated to hear something other than the radio. I dug out of her sidepocket a Keith Urban CD. I thought it was gonna be another pretty boy commercial country artist. I was impressed by his guitar playing. Then one day at Walmart, I watched a DVD of him live, playing on a TV for sale. He was tearing it up on the Tele. I think if you can get past his Leif Garrett/Shaun Cassiday image he's worth a listen.

Comment

The songs he puts on his albums don't even scratch the surface of how good he is. Although he did got destroyed by a frog.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat
                      The songs he puts on his albums don't even scratch the surface of how good he is. Although he did got destroyed by a frog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVPH6vnIeRM
                      Yeah, but who CAN cut heads with Kermit?

"My grandmother plays faster than that." ROFL

Comment

Working...
                      X