Eidolon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eidolon

so i've been into these guys for the past few months and i really like their tone on the new album. Any idea what gear they were using?
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

If the Drovers are in Atlanta again this year (for Progpower this week), I will ask. Otherwise, Nils (the vocalist on the latest one) may know...

Comment

Them guys rock. Glen really plays his shit. I like his stuff better than the stuff he's doing for Megadeth. Obviously its not his. But i really dig the tone and the musicianship of the Eidolon music. I hope he has some influence on the new Megadeth album.
      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

I think Glen claimed to use the Digitech modeling stuff. Probably what ever is the latest from Digitech.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Eidolon practiced at our rehearsal space at John's house..I gave Glen my Dmo..

and Lo and behold there is a spot on riff that he lifted righ off it..

I'm not mad at all, in fact I'm actually honored he felt it worthy and prolly had it in his head subliminally when writing the tune..

I truly admire Glen Drover alot..he's a amazing player

Hey, we ALL rip off everyone..we just put our own spin on it..

Their last one with the Pagans Mind singer is by far their best..I have all of them..Glen even gave me his first demo tape..their first cassette

and my son Vinny played for Shawn Drover..he was about 8 at the time and surprised the shit out of them with his fast double kicks..Vinny is 11 now and is a MONSTER Player!

I played Adrian's 6 string bass..I only play a 4 string so Glen had to hold it at the nut to mute the top two strings so I could show him my crazy tappin'..it was great hangin' with those dudes all day..

John has Pics of Glen paying his Rig..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I don't have the new Eidolon so I can't comment on it. I'm gonna assume he's using ESPs since he switched when he joined Megadeth and he uses Digitech modelers.

What I really love about Glen is his vibrato, it's just so damn amazing. He's one of the best choices for Megadeth there could have ever been.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Obviously Glen uses VHT and CAE stuff. Oh wait, that's my rig behind him...

Well, he did play his Charvel and Marshall 8100s live for quite some time with Eidolon and King Diamond. Not sure about now.

Seems he was using some modelling thing Gena-something for direct recording and I can't remember what it was...

Comment

Shorts Metal!
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                X