X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian May

just wondering, how many fans here?

I think he is one of the very best
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Great songwriter, not so much a fan of his 'leads', but he does some very awesome and interesting three note harmonies and stuff that are just to die for.

Together with Mercury he was amazing!
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

He's a great player as well as a great singer. I saw him last year during their Queen tour with Paul Rodgers. He came out front with an acoustic and did several songs by himself. Real cool. On another note, Roger Taylor is also an excellent singer. They were overshadowed because of Freddies tremedous voice.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

anyone saw VH1 Rock Honors? Queen + Paul Rodgers played pretty well there,

check it out

LINK
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

btw. the original Queen was amazingly unqiue band in the world of rock'n'roll, first of all they sounded like no one else and second of all they had a totally different attitude, totally antithesis of the typical sex, drugs and rock'n'roll thing.
          They weren't junkies, they weren't alcoholics, they didn't smoke 4 packs of Marlboro reds in a day and what's the most amazing thing, they acted like a normal human beings, no ego bullshit, no dramas, no fights etc. The just played music with their heart.

I'm always been a fan of wild-badboy rock'n'roll, but I have tons of respect for the Queen guys for being just good people.

Comment

I saw Queen live at the old Boston Garden in 1979 and couldn't believe the show they put on.
            roger,Freddie and Brian all sang their asses off, and live these guys were a lot heavier than on vinyl. Brians live guitar tone was huge.
            One of my all time favorite bands.
            I always thought all 4 of these guys were gay, but it turns out that just Freddie was, all these guys are married with kids. (roger Taylor has been married several times)
            who knew?
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Brian May is a player I have huge respect for..
              The one Queen album I've probably listened the most to is actually Innuendo. Everyone knew Freddie had AIDS when they recorded the album. He was going to die, Freddie knew that himself. Listening to "The Show Must Go On" gives me goosebumps every time. It sums up the entire situation. Also "My Bijou", I like to think that's Brian expressing his feelings through his guitar. Hits me straight in the soul.

R.I.P. Freddie
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

brian may rules. he just rules. dude always knows what note to play, and what notes not to play.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                  just wondering, how many fans here?

I think he is one of the very best
                  +100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Queen, as a whole, kicked immeasurable ass. A Queen CD always manages to find it's way into my Jeep's player atleast once or twice a week.

Comment

That band was groundbreaking and they were pioneers...

Saw them live and they were amazing showmen, and the show was impeccable as far as it was ran like a finely oiled machine. Many incidents of amazement really as far as the band and crew went that night.

Much respect.

Comment

Definitely a Brain May fan. Just heard the soundclips of the new Brian May Digitech pedal, and want one, badly! Amazed at how close they got.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

He's great, his band's great, that damn guitar is great. everything even remotly connected to Queen rules!
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
                          Listening to "The Show Must Go On" gives me goosebumps every time.
                          +1

Comment

"Tie your mother down" is one of my all time favorite riffs as well as tunes...
                            Brian May is a gifted soul with tremendous feel when he plays...
                            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                            Amp... Pioneer
                            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Brian May was the man who inspired me to pick up the guitar...

Comment

Working...
                              X