Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dream Theater, Mustaine, Fear Factory guy cover Pantera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Theater, Mustaine, Fear Factory guy cover Pantera?

Just read somewhere that DT did a tribute to Dime playing Cemetary Gates with guest vocals from Fear Factory, some other dude, and guest solo by Mustaine... anyone got the video?

That was actually Megadeth, it was Dave's idea (yeah I'm a huge Megadeth fan!) From what I remember it should be on the gigantour dvd which was going to be releases sometime in the september

www.megadeth.com (need to check here!)
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

No it was Dream theater with burton bell doing some vocals, the symphony x guy doing some vocals, and mustaine came out for the 2nd part of the solo. Man Burton Bell's vocals suck live.

On the DVD they did a total messup and it says dimebag darrell "williams" and they messed up his birth/death years.

Comment

It was Dream Theater doing it. I've got the DVD and it's pretty good. Musically I thought DT did a great job as did the singer for Symphony X. As for the other guys, Mustaine included, well they didn't do much for me but I'm sure it sounded alot better live then it did on the DVD.

Comment

I stand corrected then. I remember a message Mustaine posted on the Megadeth boards in which he said they played a Pantera song along with some members of gigantour bands.
          Anyway that was a great idea, and I'd love to see the video...
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I remember Dream Theater covering Master Of Puppets. Way too boring.

Comment

Originally posted by ambitotpuphang
              Yeah, I thought it sounding good but the band just didn't put out enough energy into the music.

Comment

Everything was Mustaine's idea, according to Mustaine :ROTF:
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc
                  Yea, even premature retirement.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by gort
                    No it was Dream theater with burton bell doing some vocals, the symphony x guy doing some vocals, and mustaine came out for the 2nd part of the solo. Man Burton Bell's vocals suck live.

On the DVD they did a total messup and it says dimebag darrell "williams" and they messed up his birth/death years.
                    Yeah, Portnoy even explicitly told them to correct them, but I guess they didn't.
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc
                      Actually I remember Mustaine's post from the night before stating that Mike Portnoy invited him to take part in the Cemetary Gates Dime Tribute that Dream Theater had planned for the Dallas show and how both nervous and excited he was to be included in something like that.
                      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

How are you guys ignoring how messed up it is that they published a DVD with the wrong name and dates for a tribute to Dime???

Comment

How are you guys ignoring how messed up it is that they published a DVD with the wrong name and dates for a tribute to Dime???
                          its the thought that counts. right? right!?

Comment

We are not. I and several other people addressed that in this thread.
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ambitotpuphang
                              I agree. I love Dream Theater, but it sucked the life out of the song. I DID like it, though, on the one live CD, how they went from, I think, Take The Time, into the end-jam section of Freebird. Threw me for a loop, the first time I was driving down the road, listening.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                              X