TOOL in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOOL in Dallas

Thursday in Dallas Adam Jones was using 2 Diezels. A VH4 and a Herbert. Also what looked like a JTM Marshall but I believe it was a old Marshall bass head. Sounded incredible. 3 from Aenima, 2 from Lateralus, 7 from 10,000 Days and NONE from Undertow. 2 hours long. Well worth the $85 it cost me. Maynard never left the back of the stage? The guitar, bass and drum techs all wore lab coats. Wierd, but what else would you expect from Tool.

Awesome! I've seen them live twice and they always put on a great show

Comment

sucks none from undertoe, as to the amps, yeah he uses that marshall for bottem end. Just had a conversation about Diezels, good amps but way over hyped for the price!

Comment

I saw em at Coachella with a packed house, like 80,000 people there, they were great live, but still not really my thing. after about 6-8 of that kind of heavy bass song structure and morose singing I start wanting something different. I enjoyed the show though.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

2 days and I see them here in Madison. Hope I can get over this cold I got, so I can fully enjoy the concert.

This will be my 1st time seeing them and I'm a big fan. Seen A Perfect Circle twice but always seemed to miss Tool.

Comment

I'm not paying the asking price for 7 songs from 10,000 days.

Comment

Originally posted by rfazano
              Thursday in Dallas Adam Jones was using 2 Diezels. A VH4 and a Herbert. Also what looked like a JTM Marshall but I believe it was a old Marshall bass head. Sounded incredible. 3 from Aenima, 2 from Lateralus, 7 from 10,000 Days and NONE from Undertow. 2 hours long. Well worth the $85 it cost me. Maynard never left the back of the stage? The guitar, bass and drum techs all wore lab coats. Wierd, but what else would you expect from Tool.
              $85?! I'll understand the price if you bought the ticket off the black-market, but if that's what the show actually cost...
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
                $85?! I'll understand the price if you bought the ticket off the black-market, but if that's what the show actually cost...
                Considering I have been a fan since '93 and I have never seen them, AND I was 15 feet from Adam Jones, I would have paid double for that experience. No, he's not the most technical guitarist in the world but he has serious tone compared to most of the other prog/metal guitarists out there. IMO

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'd be willing to pay a LOT to see my favorite band(s) to, but just because they know that, does that make it ok for them to crank up the ticket-price? Sorry, I just thought it's a lot of money

Comment

[quote=Guitardude86]Don't get me wrong, I'd be willing to pay a LOT to see my favorite band(s) to, but just because they know that, does that make it ok for them to crank up the ticket-price? Sorry, I just thought it's a lot of money[/quote

I understand where you are coming from. The ticket was actually $65, but once you add ticketmaster to the equation.. well.... it's kind of a no win situation for the consumer.

Comment

Hey, as long as you're happy who cares what it costs, right? You'l have the memories of that night forever - there's nothing like concerts

Comment

GRRRRRRRRR They canceled the show here in Madison, Maynard got sick.
                        and no reschedule, tickets got refunded.

So I still have yet to see them.

Comment

Turns out I am seeing them cuz I got tix on ebay for $33 a piece. face value is like 50+ ticketmaster, so i think I made out ok. we'll see how it is. i doubt theyll top roger waters from last night though.

Comment

I saw them twice on this tour...Kansas City and Minneapolis. The light show was really pretty awesome and I like their stage setup this time around better than on the Lateralus tour.

The setlist was kind of disappointing though. I'm not a huge fan of their latest album so 7 songs off that and only 4 others wasnt too cool, but I enjoyed myself regardless.

Some props should go out to ISIS though. I thought they were spectacular and they seemed to get a pretty decent crowd response.

Comment

I'm seeing them on 10/6 and looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X