Jackson Artists image thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McD
    How's Marty's new cd? I haven't heard it yet and it's only Japan, right? And yes, he DOES rule!
    In fact I dislike most of his recent work. This cd is no exception.. There are some good tunes but overall, not something very special
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

• Originally posted by McD
      PS: How do you turn on the "email me when someone replies feature?" PM me, please.
      It's in your user settings. I just turned it on for you.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• The real conspiracy here is - why no Bikini Beach Fusion production models anymore? Hands down the most popular Jackson ever produced, and FENDER is keeping it from us!

Discuss.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday
          Nothing wrong with the new charvels.. I think there have been several runs that carry the same grace that the original line carried.. It doesn't mean that JCMI hasn't had their issues as of late but it wasn't any different back then either ..they made their share of dogs in the day .. purists won't admit that though ..
          bingo!

I'm sure as hell they did produce dogs back in the day....only thing different between then and now is if you got a factory dog...only you, your sales rep and C/J knew about it. Today ifyou get a dog it posted in a million different message boards.

Having said that, the percentage of QC issues appears to be growing of late, especially on the ltd run batches

Pat always defends FMIC and rightfuly so...he has a bunch of beauties that have no issues. He can only base his opinion on what he has, he has nothing positive experience with the CS so there is no point in debating the issue...he's a happy customer until god forbids, he gets few dogs from the CS
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

• ...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

• You are 100% correct Shawn and in all honesty I've been in the same boat as Pat as far as getting decent stuff. I had one problem with my bigmouth but they went way overboard to make sure it was taken care of and I was happy with it so I can't speak for anyone else in that regard..

I do know there are people here that only complain and rarely ever have anything positive to interject which is a shame. So when people who rarely post only post negative comments that is all people remember of them ..In turn it looks like bashing and trouble being started ..

It is too bad that everything has to turn into a conspiracy all the time but when it comes to these boards there are always a handful of people that like drama ..

people forget that there are people just trying to earn a wage at JMCI. A lot of talented people for sure, but at the end of the day they aren't any different than we are... they need to put food on the table. it is a job... not magic and I'm sure they don't wake up every morning looking to intentionally screw over the consumer ...
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz
                Pat always defends FMIC and rightfuly so...he has a bunch of beauties that have no issues. He can only base his opinion on what he has, he has nothing positive experience with the CS so there is no point in debating the issue...he's a happy customer until god forbids, he gets few dogs from the CS
                Thanks for the good words, Shawn. Point of clarification, though... It's true that none of my current guitars have issues. They're all absolutely great. But it's not correct to say that I've had nothing but positive experiences. In fact, I've experienced a few guitars with QC issues myself recently. And that has sucked, quite frankly.

However, what I will debate is the severity of the problem - it's not anywhere near as bad as the naysayers would like folks to believe. To them, J/C's custom shop can do no good. Nearly everything they put out is a POS. And that's total . The vast majority of new guitars are great. Nonetheless, I agree that QC needs to get better.

And there always seems to be some evil underhanded plan to screw us customers out of whatever the issue de' jure is. ...$8k base price increases? Cancelled CS orders? No more artist guitars? The grassy knoll! Sure, there have been a couple of things happen that I'm not happy with (cough...no Gibby body styles...cough). But the vast majority of these theories are total crapola, and are what a vocal minority would prefer reality to be. And would prefer that others believe, too. But that doesn't make it so.

Also, it's utter bullshit to say that similar QC things didn't happen in the SD era - my very first custom ordered Jackson quickly developed serious paint chipping, and was sent back to the custom shop for a refin! And - in addition to the communication limitations back then - I'm sure that, over the years, many of the dogs have been weeded out. Fixed, trashed, parted out, mod'd, whatever. Survival of the fittest, guitar-style. It's what happens eventually over long periods of time in any hobbby - guitars, cars, model trains, kites, whatever floats your boat. But they'd like you to believe each and every SD has some magical glowing halo over it. ...Puhlease. There were great guitars then, just like there are great guitars now. And dogs on both ends, too.

I enjoy them both, with a personal preference for an emphasis on new ones. Why? It's pretty simple, actually. Because I get to order exactly what I want. And the custom shop delivers it. With SD era guitars, I have to settle for someone else's specs from 20-plus years ago, along with their road wear and ground-in fretboard smegma...errr...excuse me...magical "mojo". Sure, every now and then, there's one that I think is awesome and I want it bad. But, every single new custom order that I do is awesome. To me, I mean! - not anyone else. Other folks' personal preferences may vary.

Comment

• P.S.- Tim, if your post addressed to McD was an attempt at an apology, it was a pretty lame one. You publically accused him of pretty nefarious intentions, huh? Just sayin', that's all.

Comment

• Glen Drover
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

• another of Dime
                      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

• Metal Mike

Comment

• Me.

Comment

• I ain't sayin' this is true... because I honestly have no idea. But, it is "possible" that JCMI is asking for these pics so they can build a list of artists who they could work out an agreement with. If this were true there would be more "signature" series guitars available.

Like I said, I'm in the dark as much as everyone else... Just putting a different spin on the discussion.
                            Last edited by mattsmusiccenter; 09-20-2006, 11:02 AM.
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

• Is McD a Jackson employee since these speculations arose so quickly? Sorry but I have no idea about who does what here..
                              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitardude86
                                Is McD a Jackson employee since these speculations arose so quickly? Sorry but I have no idea about who does what here..
                                Yep
                                -Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X