No announcement yet.

van Halen with roth or Sammy,your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roth had attitute. I firmly believe that he pushed the band. They were never the same without him and never will be.

Comment

Absolutley. When Dave left, he took the balls with him.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
        Exactly, the Van Hagger stuff just wasn't as "Ballsy" as the Roth era stuff.
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Any Vh is good VH
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            Roth had attitute. I firmly believe that he pushed the band. They were never the same without him and never will be.
            Yep
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
              Yep.
              He command the stage like no other.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Just my 2 cents, however with Sammy they became I think just more commercial. This was partly the advent of music videos, MTV, being an
                established band etc. They were more mainstream. When the first album came out they had a following, however not the recognition of later years.

I have always found it strange when a band turns the corner to success and the orignal following kind of turns away from them. It really is so much to do with personal preference I guess.

At any rate I am a fan of the original first VH record. I can still clearly remember hearing eruption for the first time. As for DLR he is funny in concert. Still good just funny. I saw him recently. He can't quite do the leg kick thing, he still forgets the words sometimes and holds the mike to the audience to fill in if he is out of breath. The concert was fun and pathetic at the same time. Not to switch muscians here but Bruce S. was right - 'Glory days they'll pass you by'

My 2 cent which is about what it is worth. I will add though, some of the 80's video chicks in the audience that day looking to re-live their big hair days with Dave aged very,very badly.

Comment

DLR all the way!! It is not even close....

Comment

The way I look at it is VH is only VH with David Lee Roth....everthing else isnt. Plain and simple. Although Van Hagar era has some pretty solid songs and sold more, its justnot the same. When I first heard Van Hagar it sounded to me like Sammy Hagar who got an eddie clone on guitar, more Hargar than Van Halen sounding.

As far as Dave's voice goes, I know the bitter VH boys always bragged on how much more range Hagar had than Roth in an attempt to belittle Dave's talent but the truth of the matter is Roths range is a perfect fit, more baritone than soprano. So you could take an opera singer and front VH doesnt mean its a good match to the style of music.

VH is only VH with DLR fronting the band
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                      The way I look at it is VH is only VH with David Lee Roth....everthing else isnt. Plain and simple. Although Van Hagar era has some pretty solid songs and sold more, its justnot the same. When I first heard Van Hagar it sounded to me like Sammy Hagar who got an eddie clone on guitar, more Hargar than Van Halen sounding.

As far as Dave's voice goes, I know the bitter VH boys always bragged on how much more range Hagar had than Roth in an attempt to belittle Dave's talent but the truth of the matter is Roths range is a perfect fit, more baritone than soprano. So you could take an opera singer and front VH doesnt mean its a good match to the style of music.

VH is only VH with DLR fronting the band
                      + a billion..but this ancient history.

Forget about any new VH..just put on the first 5 albums and enjoy..

The Beatles is no more either..life goes on..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                      X