Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badass Lynch video

George warming up in 1988

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

His chops had to be at their best around this period IMO
    Good tone too - ADA MP-1 ? What were the other units in the rack - Lexicon or Yamaha? I like that delay/echo....

Comment

I don't have to watch the video to know that George was bad ass in 1988..

that is two decades cold ya know..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

hell yeahh thats him in his primeanyone here know how he dials in his reverb/delay?

Comment

Boy am I glad I'm buying an MP-1
          Lynch at that time was, in lack of a better word, untouchable. Unique player.
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

ADA mp1 lexicon is what it looked like!

Comment

Can a MP1 really sound that good, minus the effects. Mine never did. No noise either even when he switched guitars.

Comment

Great video, thanks!

Comment

Either you had a really bad unit, or a horrible power amp, or you just sucked at dialing it in. Because my MP1 sounds that good or better depending how i EQ it. They are great units for that style of music and even heavier.

Originally posted by tlingen View Post
                  Can a MP1 really sound that good, minus the effects. Mine never did. No noise either even when he switched guitars.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Siggy
                    Last edited by tlingen; 10-08-2006, 10:33 AM.

Comment

LOL, i have always been straight forward and speak my mind. But that is not super bad, i know many great guitarists that are tone deaf when it comes to dialing in an amp!

See and i am a good guitarist with a great ear for dialing in an amp, I could make a crate sound passible! But with that being said i did not have to work to hard with the ADA, very friendly preamp.

Originally posted by tlingen View Post
                      Thanks for the kind words Siggy

Comment

Don't forget the seemingly infinite modding possibilities for the MP-1.
                        You'll find most of them on www.adadepot.com
                        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

lynch is one of just a handful of guitar legends left... imo
                          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                          Amp... Pioneer
                          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Lynch is great, and his chops are in fine shape here.

Funny, but I HATE when players drown their playing in reverb/delay, and that's what it sounds like he's got going on in this video.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                              Lynch is great, and his chops are in fine shape here.

Funny, but I HATE when players drown their playing in reverb/delay, and that's what it sounds like he's got going on in this video.
                              Yep - he wlawys liked his tone wet.. the Chandler Stereo Digital echo was dialed up to almost the same level as the dry signal - many of the live bootelegs can attest to that

Comment

Working...
                              X