No announcement yet.

The coolest John Sykes video ever!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, Sykes opens a can of whip-ass! Thanks for the post!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

cool indeed, thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'd be interested in that boot if its available on dvd! I have a thing from Japan that is a collection of shows and interviews and a complete history of John Sykes with his "family tree" that charts him from project to project and band to band.. including some Tygers footage, Murder, Sykes etc...
        DiMarzio Endorsee
        www.dimarzio.com
        Morley Endorsee
        www.morley.com
        "Intelli-Shred" author
        www.myspace.com/intellishred
        NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

I have it on CD-R, I guess it can be burned to DVD,
          but Japanese bootleg stores have all that kind of stuff on DVDs

BTW. here are two cool Blue Murder clips I found on youtube, MAJOR ASS KICKING

LINK1

LINK2

Marco's bass sound is HUGE!!!
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Cool video. Sykes is a good player and an even better solo writer.

Comment

Sykes vibtrato, speed and fire is just fuggin' killer!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Love Skyes for some time now, I would have love for Whitesnake to have made one show on the '87 tour with Sykes, record it and the next day split up!
                '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                custom made Les Paul
                VOX Tonelab LE
                Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                ADA MP1
                BBE 422A
                Lexicon MPX-G2
                ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                Support Your Local 81

Comment

I have always loved Sykes' playing. everything about his playing is huge.

his vibrato is huge, his tone is huge and his attack is huge.

I saw him front Blue Murder back in the day. great show.

tells you something when Coverdale had to hire BOTH Vandy and Vivian to replace one John Sykes.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                    Wow! That was the best 12:49 I have spent in front of my computer. Did you notice that John didn't use his pinky?

Endrik, thanks for posting that.

Alvin
                    I noticed that too. Thats some pretty wicked 3 finger playing.

Comment

thanks for sharing Endrik...awesome

Comment

cool video, but who's the line up here?
                        that's not Tommy Aldridge on frums and that's not Rudy Sarzo on bass.
                        When did that version of Whitesnake take shape?
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

That was great, first time I have heard him. Thanks E!
                          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

holy crap, from like 5:25 to 6:50 is one of the sickest (that's kickass for you Brits, right) 1.5 minutes of guitar and keys you'll ever hear.

I have always loved that part of this solo. it's majestic.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                              cool video, but who's the line up here?
                              that's not Tommy Aldridge on frums and that's not Rudy Sarzo on bass.
                              When did that version of Whitesnake take shape?
                              good question.

my understanding is that this is the album lineup. then something happened that John left and David set up the new lineup with 2 guitars and Rudy and Tommy.

that's the band I saw when they opened for Motley Crue in like 1987. I caught them at the Meadowlands and the Garden.

Comment

I never use the pinky(or it just won't work right)so I don't feel so bad now I know its not just me.That was incredible.Nice delay a vol knob work too.Greg Martin of the Kentucky Head hunters does that vol knob thing as well and I might add just as well as Sykes too.Thanks for the video.
                                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X