X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane shredding by Reb Beach

gotta love Reb

LINK
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Fantastic guitarist Lots of tapping in that particular solo though, he doesn't do that so often I think.. He certainly blows my mind once he gets going though Gotta love Black Magic, check out the vid at youtube, I get a very happy feeling listening to that one
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

My wife and I hang out with Reb and his wife for a couple hours..he was warming up thru a pod into a little peavey amp..

He was going nuts, not even thinking of what he was playig and having a conversation with me..I couldn't concentrate on our conversation..because he was going fucking nuts, just kicking my ass..

I was like dude..WTF???!!

He wasn't even thinking about it..his fingers just tapping away in a frenzied blur and talking like nothing was going on..amazing..I'll never forget that!!

He killed George lynch on his own material on the Erase the Slate tour..we had VIP passes..still have them.

He has alot of respect for George because he learned those solos note for note and told me.."some of that shit is fucking nuts"..but he handled it like it was nuthin'..incredible..

His wife is cute too..we had a great time..
      Last edited by horns666; 10-09-2006, 03:48 PM.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        His wife is cute too..we had a great time..
        Errr... I'm sure you did
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

He has such a great unique style!!!

Comment

I like his playing on Erase the Slate (mostly, some of his lead tones left a bit to be desired, kinda thin).

I'm not a big tapping fan though, somehow massive tapping is kinda like cheating to me. too easy and a cop-out.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

reb always said he had trouble ripping the typical leads in the day, something like his index finger only staying in a bar position all the time...so he compensated by learning to tap and play legato.

Comment

Tapping is a skill and very useful tool in playing..no cheating about it!!

just as sweeping, legato, aternate picking, pinch harmonics and etc....it is just as important as ANY of those skills as well..

It's just how well you do it in the right musical context..

as a bassists there are things that are IMPOSSIBLE to play without the use of tapping..Stu Hamm, and Jeff Berlin are prime examples of that..as is Stanley Jorden.

Tapping is a tool..just like a drummer who uses rides, pangs, splashes, and ect to convey certain colors and dynamics..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Tapping became an overdone thing in the late 80s, but it was overdone by hacks who didn't do anything new with it. Reb's tapping sounds soo cool and fresh compared to a lot of other players, he's creative with it.

Hey, Steve Morse told Reb Don't worry, you're hitting the notes and it sounds great. Who am I to gainsay Steve Morse?
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Being someone who uses his middle finger when tapping (which isn't often), I've always been a fan of Reb. It sounds like he's landed a pretty good gig with Whitesnake.

Comment

I can't sweep, but I can tap pretty well. I don't like to use it too much, but when I want to spew forth a gagillion notes in a fluid manner, tapping does have its place. I also like to use it for just for a few accent notes, which I , of course, stole from "the man" as well as tapping an occasional harmonic.

All techniques are cool tools, if you use them with restraint.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I like his taping but he did it a bit too much back in his Winger days. I saw him with Whitesnake and I don't think he tapped one note all night. Strange....

Comment

i like them tapped harmonics. very cool stuff. thanks for posting!
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

well I must say I do love Jeff Watson's 8 finger tapping, that is some badass shit!

I guess if I can do it, I'm not impressed, and that I can't do. not hardly.
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Syeve Lynch..was the guy who pushed tapping wayyyyy over the top..

GW gave him his own article dedicated on tapping..

Comment

Working...
                              X