No announcement yet.

Is this a Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2 DVD set of Alcatrazz Live in Japan 1984. Yngwie plays his Arias at the show on Disc 1.

Vai plays some Charvels at the show on Disc 2
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Actually, pretty good, as I've seen a couple youtube vids of him playing those Aria Vs posted here on the JCF !
      Really? Cool.
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

In case it hasn't been decided on, it IS an Aria Pro II, with what is a WD or Warmoth pickguard. I know that headstock design, AND headstock logo (even under such bad viewing conditions), as our other guitarist HAS an Aria Pro II. I also had that pickguard design on a strat, back in the day. Just can't remember which brand name it was. I also see that it has a Kahler trem on it. He plays a similar one (different paintjob, though, and rosewood instead of maple), in the Into The Fire video:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Last edited by Racerx2k; 10-27-2006, 10:39 PM.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Here's Yngwie playing the Aria V in Alcatrazz. Dig the single coil layout!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Haha, great video, khabi! Alcatrazz rocks.

It's not everyday you hear the lead vocal is louder than Yngwie's guitar, man, that almost sounded like a normal band

I really like Graham Car Bonnet, but I never understood that guy's "metal-appearance"?!
            Pet Shop Boys meets David Bowie meets....? Help me out here, LOL
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

i find his vocal style a little off putting at times - more shouty than it needs to be - he always sounds likke he's struggling....

if you watch the video for into the fire by dokken, george is playing an aria then, although this is the only time i have seen him actually use one, i know that he was basically drifting between charvels and kramers at the time - the vid for just got lucky having the famous orange sub (the last charvel george recieved), and the timeless yellow bengal guitar - the vid for alone again involving heavy use of a red kramer baretta. every vid after that was ESP and then heavy use of the skull and bones coz he had the kamikaze by in my dreams, and the skull and bones was given to him on the set of its not love...

i think the aria was more a case of they're giving me money - i'll pose with it - he clearly wasn't making much money back then, hence trying to get the ozzy gig as well...

studio wise i think he used his charvels until he got the ESP deal...although you can never say this is what he definately used, given the huge range of guitars george seems to use these days - strats, teles, les pauls, etc...i have read a back for the attack era interview where george said he did use les pauls but felt the stage demanded something more contemporary ie a superstrat

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fby0V-eszc
                One of the comments says "now we know what Jim Carey did before he got famous". LOL he does kinda look like Carey.

Comment

I always like Graham's vocal style, but he DOEs seem to sing quite a bit louder than most. That's why he comes off as yelling, at times.
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

Arias were decent guitars at one time. I don't know if they are still building quality stuff anymore, or even at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Actually, a true YJM fan will already know he was playing Arias back then. He had a cool V also.
                      you mean an UGLY V. :ROTF:
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                        I really like Graham Car Bonnet, but I never understood that guy's "metal-appearance"?!
                        Pet Shop Boys meets David Bowie meets....? Help me out here, LOL
                        actually, what that was, was GB not being afraid to do his own thing. isn't it the music that counts? Graham is one of my favorite vocalists, period. his live work was sometimes sketchy, but which singer didn't have some bad outings due to throat irritations, etc? on the records that boy fucken lit shit up.

he was a trail blazer. a great singer. I thought his short hair was cool during a time (the 80's) when most metal players were shallow and shortsighted enough to insist you have long hair or you had no chance at joining a band.

that is one thing from the 80's I am glad is dead and gone.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fby0V-eszc
                          I know Yngwie has at least 1 Gibson V for tunes that require a 22nd fret (like Magic Mirror) but I've never actually seen him play a V. Thanks khabi, that was cool!
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Georges guitar was an Aria, and yes he did play it. I saw them live WAAAAAAAAAY back.
                            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                            X