New Martyr album!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Martyr album!

Anyone checked out the new Martyr album, "Feeding the Abscess" yet? Probably the best CD I've heard in the last 5 years, this disc is absolutely mind blowing...totally raising the bar for all technical music, ever.

Of course not a single store in my area has it, so I had to order it...

but the pre production stuff I heard BLEW my mind, I love Martyr, Daniel Mongrain is a monster player/composer!

I can't wait to hear this!!!!

Chris

Comment

Martyr Rules..love 'em..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Will check this out.
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Yup just got it
          I agree best cd to be written in a LONG ASS time, by ANYONE
          Martyr does it again! they actually did top Warp Zone

awesome!

Chris

Comment

On my next list!!

Thanks for the heads up..

Just picked up a band called "twisted into form"..it's OK..I was expecting better.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey dudes ..thought I'd share this..

I like 'em..

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

The only Martyr vid I found ..bad sound quality..oh well..

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Martyr Myspace page...Some new stuff there...Long time coming but fucking steller Techmet!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

That dude has like 6 Martyr clips, including one clip of Dan Mongrain busting out a solo while playing on a French TV performance with some sort of jazz band...

Check this one!

Martyr covering Blackened! Haha that's badass!!!

Comment

The only place I can find their new CD is direct order via Paypal from a link on their website....is that how you bought it? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post

Martyr covering Blackened! Haha that's badass!!!
                        One of my favorite Metallica songs and I think they just covered it better then Metallica plays it live.
                        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Yeah, they nailed it good!

Comment

I need this new album..just listened to Warp Zone..twice..

I got the new Mercenary..haven't opened it yet..

TWISTED INTO FORM has members of Spiral Architect..I love SA..they remind me of crazier Psychotic Waltz, the singer is very uncanny to Buddy Lackey (Dead Soul Tribe, Psychotic Waltz)..but it's just not grabbing me..it's OK.

The new ZERO HOUR isn't grabbing me like their prior works either..I should give it another listen..good riffs and all ..but a little too redundant IMO..

I LOVE the crazy, technical stuff man..and Martyr does it right!!

BTW.. thanks for dropping a few fresh bands to check out..and the heads up on the new Martyr cd..kick ass!!

Cock out with your Rock out!!

Bill Z Bub

Comment

Ya know...Those frech dudes really know how to dish out the Tech death metal...

French Canadian:

Martyr
                              Cryptopsy
                              Quo Vadis
                              And you can throw Voivod in as the pioneers...

And Symbyosis from France. All top notch in the genre!

Comment

Working...
                              X