This is what impresses me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what impresses me....

no fancy effects. Not a ton of gain. Not flashy guitar.

Immaculate technique... precise fingering.... tastefull licks....

Yah, the Youtube links are getting tiresome, but for anyone who hasnt seen this, it's shred guitar at it's finest in my opinion..

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

shit, this was one of the links in the moore video. Damnit, never heard of this guym and he's fuckin

insane...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7m3aIuGlUg

Comment

damn, that's pretty mad. I've heard the name before. I can only dream of that kind of facility. Amazing

I think I still preferred the Moore clip. It just appeals to me more.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I agree. Notice the second link is AMAZING, but musically, Vinnie MAKES ME WANT TO LISTEN.

Shawn Lane is my all time favorite in terms of "wow factor" but even I couldnt sit through his albums due to boredom. I guess his sound never appealed to me.

Comment

Damn you. Somebody made a T-Mac comment on that Vinnie vid and I had to check some of his stuff out. Gah.
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I GOT THAT TAPE!!

There's is two tapes..

yeah..nice.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Stuff like this does NOT get old. Vinnie is fantastic. Pick up Defying Gravity if you can find it.

Comment

I've only got Time Oddyssey at the moment, but I'll definitely buy many moore of his albums, I want them all. He's so versatile! Neo classical, chicken picking, Van Halen-esque shred.. He seems to do it all equally good. A phenomenal player!
                "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I like him better than most including Yngwie. Very musical.
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
                    I like him better than most including Yngwie. Very musical.
                    The first thing I thought when I heard Vinnie was if you crossed Yngwie and Eddie's playing style you'd end up with him.. Everything he touches turns to gold
                    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Sounds like he works his volume knob alot too, which is a cool way to add dynamics. You don't see guys doing that these days.

Comment

Vinnie Moore is a freakin' monster player. Big hair too.
                        That Matthew Mills is a new name to me, he's just scary good!
                        Reminds me of that Tierra Della Vega dude, but with music.

Comment

vinnie moore= legend

Comment

Ah yes the Vinman!
                            awesome stuff, one of my favorites.
                            His instructional Videos have great arppegio exercises on them.
                            "The Maze" is my favorite, great from start to finish.
                            check out his live tone
                            This is a video of Vinnie Moore playing "Check It Out" live in Korea. This video is in music section of www.vinniemoore.com if you want it.Copyrights: www.vi...

great tune
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I have the VM video tape too..Vinnie is a great player
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X