No announcement yet.

Dave Mustaine and ESP are parting ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, someone made an offhand comment about U2 sucking, that's all.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

sweet jesus in a gumball machine, what have I done

U2 doesn't suck, it was a joke

I heard that U2 thing from a friend and I thought it was funny...looks like everyone doesn't agree
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
        sweet jesus in a gumball machine, what have I done

U2 doesn't suck, it was a joke
        No, you were right the first time, they do....

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
          I would not say the best, and actualy i would rather listen to atreyu then megadeath anyday!

if there was a band called megadeath,you could listen to atreyu over then it.
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Do not believe anything from this guy...

He claims to be 6'5"... but doesn't even reach the side mirror on a Hummer H2.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
              Hang on a bit, I'm getting confused here - Mustaine's joining U2 and The Edge is getting the ESP deal, right?.....
              NO DUDE! The Edge is joining Pink Floyd since David Gilmour left for Linkin Park, Dave Mustaine is going to endorse First Act Guitars, Vince requires a booster seat to see over the dash of his H2 and, as it turns out, Yngwie is an asshole. I know.. I know... crazy. Try to keep up bro
              - Adam

Comment

It's already been established that Vinnie-poo wasn't the one behind this.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                  Hang on a bit, I'm getting confused here - Mustaine's joining U2 and The Edge is getting the ESP deal, right?.....
                  Aaaah! I'm sorry if I did confuse anyone with that stupid comment of mine, Sinistas is right, I made an off-topic comment and it had nothing to do with ESP guitars or Megadeth, or even Pink Floyd. Especially not the Toy Dolls.
                  Somewhere the Edge was mentioned and I lashed out at him because I didn't feel he was doing really much for me personally as a guitarplayer, but that doesn't mean others can like, or even idolize the Edge.
                  Bottom line: It was really uncalled for and I'm sorry if I confused anyone, m'kay? I'll try to be more careful from now on.
                  What does that chick in Megadeth's "1000 Times Goodbye" say again.. I love you like you're my brother!
                  "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

So does this mean that Jimi hendrix is coming back from the dead to play guitar for U2?
                    Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                    NO DUDE! The Edge is joining Pink Floyd since David Gilmour left for Linkin Park, Dave Mustaine is going to endorse First Act Guitars, Vince requires a booster seat to see over the dash of his H2 and, as it turns out, Yngwie is an asshole. I know.. I know... crazy. Try to keep up bro

Comment

• I like the edge but have grown tired of U2 simply because i dont care for bonos political views...

after coming off the road in '86 I did a 2 year stint in a U2 tribute band.
                      [thats before tribute bands were tribute bands for the youngsters]

I was always a fan of new wave guitarists, yea they arent super speedsters , and they seldom rip off a memorable solo...but they know how to tastefully use effects,write and simply dont over play...
                      [not the best example, but look at marco from adam and the ants... this guy never did much on the albums, but I caught him live in '83 and this guy made a good most of our accepted metal gods of the day look like pussies soloing.]

it was boring from a shredders standpoint being in a U2 band?

but it taught me self discipline, and we all as soloing players you can use that from time to time.

I like the edge, he isnt a single trick poney by any stretch & he's made more money staying true to himself than many of our metal heroes... the usa is small place in the music world .
                      once you leave it, you'll find there are a good many extremely wealthy musicians, worldwide that never broke through stateside.

as for endorsements... yea yea its nice to say you have one, been there..
                      but no money is worth advertising for a company you really could give 2 sh!ts about...
                      play what you want/like, if youre good enough the company you worship will get a hold of ya at some point.
                      plus the money aint all that anyway...if youre a rockstar it doesnt even equate to beer money.

Comment

• He should go back to playing jackson guitars.

Comment

• The Edge used to play Jacksons?
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

• So basically, guys, what we have on our hands:

Mustaine is returning to Jackson.

Andy Sneap is doing the new album.

Rumour has it that he's back on the pipe.

I have EXTREMELY high hopes for this upcoming CD!

Comment

• I heard that Dave Mustaine's son, Helmut, is going to be playing Jackson basses in the new 'deth lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                                I heard that Dave Mustaine's son, Helmut, is going to be playing Jackson basses in the new 'deth lineup.

Comment

Working...
                                X