No announcement yet.

Dave Mustaine and ESP are parting ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Endorsement of the V shaped King V that he helped put Jackson on the map". Vince Scamsevere... what a douche!
    :ROTF:

Dave Linsk, back in the '80s (long before he was the lead guitar player in Overkill) was playing a full-sized King V/Double Rhoads even before Robbin Crosby.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Hey guys, can someone tell me why it's called a KING v? Got anything to do with Kerry King?:-/ Noone's ever explained that to me
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
        Hey guys, can someone tell me why it's called a KING v? Got anything to do with Kerry King?:-/ Noone's ever explained that to me
        Well, Dave Linsk had his hanging around the factory for repair or something, Robbin Crosby came in one day and saw it, wanted one like it (it was considered a Double Rhoads because it's got both long wings the same size as a Rhoads... compare the long wing on a Rhoads to today's King V and you'll see it's longer). Robbin was a huge guy and nicknamed "King", was in a popular band at the time (Ratt) and got known for using that guitar.

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
          "Endorsement of the V shaped King V that he helped put Jackson on the map".
          thank goodness it'll be an endosement of the V shaped King V, as opposed to the other shaped one
          Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            thank goodness it'll be an endosement of the V shaped King V, as opposed to the other shaped one

Comment

• Mustaine is very chummy with Jeff Waters. Waters recently dumped all his ESPs and signed a deal with Ran. It could be that Ran wants more artists from here to get into this market...............

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Robbin was a huge guy
                How do you know?
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

• Hey, it was the '80s... lots of drugs were involved!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chad View Post
                    Is there any actual proof that Dave may be leaving ESP....or is all of this drivel stemming from that blow hard Double-neck V dude (who is banned from JCF AFAIK) who posted this "info" on some other forum? Wow, that was a long sentence.
                    there is no proof that he is leaving, but this actually did come from a reliable source, and I have the whole story, and its VERY believable, having to do with Dave's ego, and demands.. I also asked some people at Jackson, and they "cannot comment"

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                    So when is this all supposed to take place, anyway? I mean I know it's just speculation at this point anyway, but whats our best guess on timeframe for the new endorsement deal (if any)?
                    His current contact will end at the end of 2006, and hopefully, negotiations (you know the ones that Jackson people "cannot comment" about will be done.

Originally posted by Wizard of Ozz View Post
                    Do not believe anything from this guy...

He claims to be 6'5"... but doesn't even reach the side mirror on a Hummer H2.
                    Look, I know you guys dont like Vince, and maybe for good reason, but I DID defend him. The reason is the rumor that he scammed Jackson for custom guitar is in Daves name.. That shit did NOT happen. KEVIN EASTON is the one who started that bullshit. That should tell you all you need to know about that. I defended him simply because someone joined the deth forums only to "spread holiday chear" about vince. Does he build Charvel and Fender Fakes, yes. Does he sell them as the real deal, prolly. but the three Custom shop things didnt happen. Dave ordered his own guitars from Jackson, and usually picked him up himself, or had Jon O (his assistant) get them.. Dave was the number 1 endorsement artist for jackson for too long for something as rediculous as that to have happend. Is Vince a Scammer? Maybe, maybe not. I honestly dont care, becuase I dont have to worry about doing business with him, (he does know his shit though and can tell you the tube designation from a 1854 Hammon Organ if you need him too (why I have no idea ). Is he Ed Romans missing twin brother, maybe as they both are about the same size. But the Custom shop thing didnt happen. And I will defend even the people I dont like on the Megadeth forum and here if need be from someone just starting shit to start shit. If this makes me a bad guy, so be it. I just dont like trollers.
                    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

• Thank God he's not from Louisiana!
                      "POOP"

Comment

• Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

• I personally never did any business transactions with Vince, but did talk to him a few times and exchanged IMs a bunch of times when I had some problems doing some mods to various equipment, and he always gave me good useful CORRECT information. He is smart and on a personal level pretty cool. The fact that he is smart is what makes him dangerous when it comes to making/selling fakes. I'd bet those fakes are sweet players...lol

As for Dave, he is one of my biggest musical influences. I like what I've heard so far from the new album...(Washington is Next at Gigantour and Gears of War on Megadeth's MySpace page) I hope he comes back to Jackson, but if he doesn't I'm still gonna play mine and buy more!!!!

Megadeth > Metallica
                          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

• Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
                            Mustaine is very chummy with Jeff Waters. Waters recently dumped all his ESPs and signed a deal with Ran. It could be that Ran wants more artists from here to get into this market...............

Ran guitars would be a good choice.But I don't know.He left ESP.Where could he go now...besides Jackson?Gibson?Hell no!
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Norton View Post
                              Ran guitars would be a good choice.But I don't know.He left ESP.Where could he go now...besides Jackson?Gibson?Hell no!
                              Ran Guitars are definitely sweet axes. I recently got a quote for a custom V from them and it's very very reasonable. I am considering having them build one for me at the beginning of the year. Dave going to them is kinda hard to believe though, and here's why: their size. Are they big enough to handle the quantity of custom axes Dave will surely require as well as keep up with their traditional customer base?
                              - Adam

Comment

• Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                                Dave going to them is kinda hard to believe though, and here's why: their size. Are they big enough to handle the quantity of custom axes Dave will surely require as well as keep up with their traditional customer base?

That's what I meant

Dave needs a big company.And I can't see any company that will match his needs except Jackson.It couldn't be Gibson.They won't care much about Dave.Dean couldn't do that,I don't think Dave likes their guitars.So,I can not think of any other guitar brand except Jackson,suitable for Mustaine.
                                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                                X