No announcement yet.

Dave Mustaine and ESP are parting ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, ibanez stole the guy from slipknot away from BC Rich, maybe they are making a neck thru for Dave next, you never know, they could keep up with his demand and they love to spoil the crap out of the people they endorse.
    Originally posted by Norton View Post
    That's what I meant

Dave needs a big company.And I can't see any company that will match his needs except Jackson.It couldn't be Gibson.They won't care much about Dave.Dean couldn't do that,I don't think Dave likes their guitars.So,I can not think of any other guitar brand except Jackson,suitable for Mustaine.

Comment

• Friedman went to Ibanez too...But I don't see them making another "destroyer", and I don't see Mustaine playing a RG either ^^

Comment

• dave has cited before that he cannot work with small companies, even to the capacity that Hamer works. he's said this before.

he's also said he's worked with Gibson. and as much as they'd love to work with him, they refuse to change their 22 fret Vs to a 24.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seventh Avenged View Post
          he's also said he's worked with Gibson. and as much as they'd love to work with him, they refuse to change their 22 fret Vs to a 24.
          Why can't they make a 24-fret model in the Custom Shop for him? They did it with the Double-Cut LP and the SG Supreme. Hamer will even make you a 24-fret model if you want.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• So I guess the consensus at this juncture (from what I've read so far) is that it's most likely Jackson? Sounds that way anyway. Some companies mentioned are too small, others (cough*Gibson*cough) won't build a V with 24 frets, and still other sound rather far fetched (i.e., Dean, Ibanez, etc). I am keeping my fingers crossed at this point cuz I'd love to be able to buy a NEW neckthru 24 fret Jackson KV with fixed Kahler or string thru without having to custom order it! Call me selfish
            - Adam

Comment

• I'd bet a dollar to a donut that Gibson is using the 24 frets as an excuse. I told you what the custom shop manager told me about talks with Michael Schenker as an endorser. They probably look at Mustaine in the same way.
              "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                I'd love to be able to buy a NEW neckthru 24 fret Jackson KV with fixed Kahler or string thru without having to custom order it! Call me selfish
                Kahler don't produce the 3300 in black anymore. Of course, there's always the option of a black 7300 Hybrid, and leave it locked.
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                  Kahler don't produce the 3300 in black anymore. Of course, there's always the option of a black 7300 Hybrid, and leave it locked.
                  On the contrary my friend... they do. They don't have it listed on their site, but if you contact them, they'll build one for you at the same price as the chrome model, but with an extra week lead time. I just spoke to them recently on this because I was considering having Ran build a guitar for me with a Kahler bridge if possible. I'm not into chrome so much, so black it would have to be. Kahler does indeed build them black if you need one
                  - Adam

Comment

• Toe-

I imagine it would because they don't want to mass produce 24 fret Vs for whatever reason for his/their buying public.

why, i do not know.

and i thought Hamer was pretty exclusive these days about what their customers could custom order? (not talking about Dave, i mean in general)

Comment

• Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                      On the contrary my friend... they do. They don't have it listed on their site, but if you contact them, they'll build one for you at the same price as the chrome model, but with an extra week lead time. I just spoke to them recently on this because I was considering having Ran build a guitar for me with a Kahler bridge if possible. I'm not into chrome so much, so black it would have to be. Kahler does indeed build them black if you need one
                      Good to hear. The only difference is the black is now black chrome as opposed to the original finish.
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

• Originally posted by Seventh Avenged View Post
                        and i thought Hamer was pretty exclusive these days about what their customers could custom order? (not talking about Dave, i mean in general)
                        I got a quote last year from a Hamer dealer about getting a Monaco Elite with 24 frets.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Hey Jacksonite, you really defended Vince Sansevere ??

Comment

• Official site of record label Elektra Music Group: Elektra Records, Fueled By Ramen, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound, Black Cement, Public Consumption, DTA Records

The "Rumor" probably came from here...lol
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

• Originally posted by sevser View Post
                              http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=62954

The "Rumor" probably came from here...lol
                              no that came from the rumor.

Comment

• The Gibson thing sounds like BS to me, too. Gibson actually produced a 24-fret Flying V in the late '80s called the "V-90". Something like that would be perfect for Mustaine, but I'm sure that Gibson doesn't want to deal with a prima donna who doesn't sell nearly as many albums as he used to. Besides, Gibson seems to pick endorsers who already have a history and association with their guitars, such as Iommi, Sykes, Schon, etc...
                                Last edited by pro-fusion; 11-29-2006, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X