queensryche Last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• queensryche Last night

Well went to the show, they sounded great, played both livecrimes, of course i had only heard two songs off the new one so i got kinda bored during the second livecrime. They fnished up with two songs, cant remember the first, but then they did empire for the last song.

Guitar equiptment.

Stone played ESP Black Lynch V for first livecrime, played a normal ESP V for livecrimeII and for the encore he played a Cherry Lynch V. Not sure of the amp he used as I could not see his setup, unless he was on the same side as Wilton.

Wilton- Played his sig ESP's all night, he switched between two or three of them but they all looked exactly alike. He was using H&K Tri-amps, the way the stage was set up it is possible that one of the tri-amps in the rack was stones and one was Wiltons, hard to tell but they were both on.

Overall the tone was great, however the tone they had on the first livecrime was still better!

Tate sounded good, but i think he was more worried about putting on a show instead of singing, Pamela also sounded good but they needed to turn her up in the PA, she sang alot more on the first livecrime this time around, over all it was entertaining.

I'm going Friday night here in CT. I bought the new mindcrime when it came out, but I haven't really been listening to it. I guess I should. I saw them do MIndcrime a year or two ago and it was pretty cool. Not nearly as good as when they did it on the Empire tour. In any case I'm looking forward to it.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I would defintly listen to the new one and get to know it, or you will just be bored for 40 minutes. Amazing first mindcrime was over a hour to perform, the second half was about 40 to 50 minutes i think

Originally posted by sambencuda View Post
      I'm going Friday night here in CT. I bought the new mindcrime when it came out, but I haven't really been listening to it. I guess I should. I saw them do MIndcrime a year or two ago and it was pretty cool. Not nearly as good as when they did it on the Empire tour. In any case I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

I go two weeks from today to see them in Knoxville,TN. I also saw them do the first Mindcrime last year. It was an AWESOME show!

Comment

Got tickets for the show in New Orleans the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Can't wait. Sounds like the show is gonna be a good one.

Comment

One of my all time favorite bands.
            "Take hold of the flame", "Lady wore black".... Operation Mindcrime was imho a masterpiece in its time.

Comment

Still love Queensryche. My favorite tune would be NM156.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Hey Beachjammer, Going to Knoxville myself to catch them. I saw them earlier this year at HOB in Myrtle Beach as well as the two previous years.
                Queensryche is my all time favorite band and though that may make me prejudice, I think they still kick ass!! I'm really looking forward to it!!

Comment

I missed them here in Atlanta back in August. Siggy - where did they play in DC?
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Saw the Ryche In Sept in MN. I stood 10 ft from Stone He played through a B-52 AT 100. We could bino Wilton's set up he is playing Hughes and Kettner Switchblade stack. We liked Wilton's tone but not Stones. The 2 together were fine though. I enjoyed the show. I think the Lynch v's were ugly.

Mr Hiwatt
                    Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
                    RR1 Black
                    RR1 Blue ghost flames
                    Stealth EX
                    Hamer Studio
                    Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

You US guys get all the cool gigs and you've got most of the the cool bands..
                      Norway has been getting much better at getting US bands over here lately, but I still haven't seen 'Ryche yet
                      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I'm going to see them Saturday in NH, I saw them a couple years back and they were great, so I hope they haven't lost it too much. Sounds like they haven't from your review.

Comment

Oh well, I'm still looking forward to seeing Exodus the 22nd
                          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

They played at 9:30 which is a great club as you know for music.

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                            I missed them here in Atlanta back in August. Siggy - where did they play in DC?
                            Seems he switched to the tri-amps now from the switchblades, his tone sounded good. Stone's didnt sound to bad either, like i said not sure what he was playing through as we couldnt see his rig with the stage setup.

Originally posted by mrhiwatt View Post
                            Saw the Ryche In Sept in MN. I stood 10 ft from Stone He played through a B-52 AT 100. We could bino Wilton's set up he is playing Hughes and Kettner Switchblade stack. We liked Wilton's tone but not Stones. The 2 together were fine though. I enjoyed the show. I think the Lynch v's were ugly.

Mr Hiwatt

Comment

Tix for HOB Anaheim (Dec 1/2) are $48 !
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X