New Iron Maiden song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Iron Maiden song

Theres a live clip of Iron Maiden playing "Wildest Dreams" on kazaa. Its from their new album Dance of Death coming out this september and I must say it kicks ass. Im really looking forward to this album how about you guys

Re: New Iron Maiden song

I've always been a fan of Maiden. They were my first concert in 1984... My old man was even impressed with Dickinson's vocal capabilities. Look forward to the new release too.
    Brad

Comment

Absolutely looking forward to it!

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I can't wait to get it! I thought Brave New World was awesome... the new one should be even better. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm a little leary of the new album but hopeful.

For me, BNW was a good album but still nowhere near the quality of 80s Maiden. The rhythm guitars were muddy, the bass line is no longer clearly defined, most songs plod along at a slow gallop, and Janick's solos ... [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

The new song, Wildest Dreams, seems to suffer the same symptoms - except for the brilliant Adrian solo of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad:
            I've always been a fan of Maiden. They were my first concert in 1984... Brad
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey! Mine too! I've heard 'Wildest Dreams' twice live now because I saw Maiden twice on their 'Give me Ed ... 'till I'm dead' tour (Bercy Paris and Waldrock Holland) and I can't get the song out of my head since! It's a classic all guns blazing up tempo rocker and I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd:
              I'm a little leary of the new album but hopeful.

For me, BNW was a good album but still nowhere near the quality of 80s Maiden. The rhythm guitars were muddy, the bass line is no longer clearly defined, most songs plod along at a slow gallop, and Janick's solos ... [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

The new song, Wildest Dreams, seems to suffer the same symptoms - except for the brilliant Adrian solo of course.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Adrian Smith always was the coolest guy in Maiden [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

wow ive aquired the actual studio version of the song its much better than the live version. post your emails if you want me to send it

Comment

[email protected]

That would be cool to hear.
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

[email protected]

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Todd:
                      [email protected]

Thanks !
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">P.s. I found this one. I'm not sure if it's the final mix because of the vocal countdown. Much better than the live version. The layered rhythm guitars get buried live.

http://www.tomparsons.co.uk/wildestdream.mp3

Awesome solo by ADRIAN !

[ July 20, 2003, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Todd ]

Comment

I might as well make it three in a row.

Official Tour Poster

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

So the one with the mannequin on the side or whatever was a fake? Or is that one? It looks MUCH better without the mannequin.

Comment

Maiden was one of the first bands i saw when they toured with Judas Priest when the killers album was out. Paul Dianno was great also. Totally impressed me.

Comment

Also the sound of Maiden has changed drastically since they use more drop d tuning and remodeled some of the riffs on alot of their songs to fit the drop d tuning. If you go to kazaa and go to the Iron Maiden guitar instruction video with Adrian Smith you'll see what i mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X