No announcement yet.

King Diamond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, soon we'll be hearing Manowars famous saying again.. Death to false Metal!
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

K.D

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Yeah, it's real metal and not shit like the emo/screamo/nu stuff that's out today. King Diamond and Mercyful Fate will kick your ass!
        I'll take my Emo/Screamo/Metalcore over King Diamond anyday. I'm not to keen on wanting to stab my ears when I hear his voice.

Comment

Regardless of what people think of King Diamond.. Andy is a brilliant guitarist! In my opinion anyway...
          Abigail is probably my favorite King Diamond album cause it was the first KD album I bought.. The guitar playing just rips man... I like the story to.. And the intro is downright freaky.

Edit: If you're more into death metal check out Death's "Individual Thought Patterns".. Andy played on that one..
          Last edited by Guitardude86; 11-07-2006, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Much respect to KD/MF.

I think King plays guitar and writes alot of the music right?

Some riffs everyone should check out:
            Magic on Puppet Master
            Bell Witch on the Bell Witch EP of MF

Just good fucking metal. I even like KD's voice. Rather soothing I think.

Definitely not "metal by numbers" like most of Headbangers Ball nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
              Andy is a brilliant guitarist! In my opinion anyway...
              He's also a damn good producer.. He really draws out excellent performances from bands.

Comment

I'm True Metal...just like Nathan Explosion..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Wow, you guys are taking some of this a little to personal. It's all a matter of opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                    Wow, you guys are taking some of this a little to personal. It's all a matter of opinion.

I know, kinda silly ain't it..

But "metalheads" are the MOST loyal and defensive music fans on the planet..so you're going to get this stuff..

We NEED people like this..without them metal wouldn't exist..

They stuck with metal when everyone else abandoned it, and left it for dead..little did they know Metal NEVER died..it just wasn't "popular" for 1.5 decades..but now it is.

I wrote a very elaborate thread of the pregudice in "metal" long ago..some debated that popular, corporate rock was "metal"..because the mainstream sold it as "metal such during the "Nu" and "Rap" movement..but true metalheads, like myself knew better..we never bought what they were selling...we were too busy underground listening to what most thought was considered "dead"..

I was actually refering to the different genres and sub-genres of TRUE metal..such as Black, Death, Thrash, Speed, Power, Prog...etc..and how many of these fans were dedicated to one style and dissed the other.

BTW..When KD first came out ..I thought the music/playing was oustanding, but couldn't tolerate King's vocals at that time..years later..Cleveland Metal turned me onto what KD was all about..and the light just turned on..I "got it"..the dude is a genius..just as any horror author such as Edgar Allan Poe, HP Lovecarft, Clive Barker, Stephen King and etc..he wrote very elaborate , articulate and complex tales of horror..just set to metal..which is cool ..IMO!!

I didn't "get it" at first, but when I did, wow..there is only ONE King Diamond..he's a very gifted writer and he does several voices as though he was acting out all the characters in a play..

Nay sayers..should pick up classic such as "Them" or "Abagail"..and READ the storylines..actually all KD's material are all very elaborate horror stories..and very good ones at that!

THIS is why King Diamond fans are nuts about him..also for the fact that he always had amazing players, such as Andy LaRoque making his visions come to life..

I know KD's voice isn't for everyone..I was one of them..but when you scratch beneath the surface and see what he's all aboot ..he's nothing short of amazing.

The band "Force Of Evil" is basically Mercyful Fate without Kind Diamond..it's pretty good..but there is only one thing missing...King Diamond..

Bill Z Bub

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      We NEED people like this..without them metal wouldn't exist..
                      we do? how can you need people who doesn't have any sense of humour Bill? you can't make your PP jokes with them
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

E, I'll say my PP jokes to the President, The Pope, or to anyone I please..because I can..

I'm Bill Z Bub..nobody questions the Bill Z Bub..NEVER..not in person anywhoo..

But, yes..The "metalhead" is a necessary evil..ummm..literally.

I'm awesome, so people listen.. because people love awesome..and I'm awesome in every way, shape and form..100% awesome..none more awesome!!

Who else here is a Bill Z Bub??...nobody, that's who..ME, I'm Bill Z Bub..which means I'm God ..that's who I am..I'm God!!

fortunately yours,

God

Comment

Well, he doesn't get on my nerves as bad as Axle Rose if that is saying anything.

Comment

I downloaded "Abigail" a few days ago because of this thread. Who's gonna refund my $9? It's actually a pretty kickass album, although the King is an aquired taste, to say the least.
                            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

You paid money for a download? Did you use iTunes? I prefer to have albums on CD, cause the lyrics are usually written on the inside.. And I'm a big fan of cover-art.. You really want your money back?

Comment

I bought it from iTunes...so, yeah I paid for the download. The refund was a joke - it will take a while to get used to his voice, again.
                                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                                X