No announcement yet.

King Diamond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now you see how some metalheads are way too serious Jimmy.. I was almost getting ready to send you the money myself
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I changed my mind, I want a refund.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Forget it.. You're to late, I've changed my mind too
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Andy LaRoque and King Diamond rules!
          KD's records are horror opera masterpieces.

Went to see them earlier this year. Mucho asskickage!
          Andy was playing a purple Caparison for the whole show.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
            I bought it from iTunes...so, yeah I paid for the download. The refund was a joke - it will take a while to get used to his voice, again.

It takes a while to get used to being hit in the head as well.

Just Kidding

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
              It takes a while to get used to being hit in the head as well.
              My mom said it didn't take any time at all for me to adjust when I was a baby.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                That explains sooooo much.....

Comment

It does, doesn't it? :ROTF:
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

is this serious or a parody of metal skit on Saturday night live?

with those vocals I can't take it serious at all....same thing with death metal vocals...some great guitar work killed dead in its tracks by those so called "vocals"
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Parody?

Different folks...

Those melodies and the way they harmonize them are great!

I can understand people not liking them but to criticize them baffles me because they clearly have talent and that is not subjective.

And that video was no cheesier than any other cock rock video in the 80's
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Anyone with an OUNCE of taste will have to admit that the playing on the KD and Mercyful Fate albums is some pretty impressive stuff, no matter what you think of the vocals. Truly amazing stuff, and SO melodic. "Them" is probably one of my favorites. Eventually I got past even hearing the vocals since I got so caught up in the guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Funny you say that Toe, my mom just got done telling me when i was a baby she would be walking through the house holding me and like walk through a door and my head would be sticking out and BAM right against the door frame. she said she only did it twice though oh and KD rocks! i was just blasting it in the car in the school parking lot yesterday, at 7:30 in the morning my peers love me

Comment

Even if you don't appreciate the vocals (it's not for everyone I suppose) you've got to appreciate the music, the guitars.
                            I personally love the voice too. He's a man with 1001 voices.
                            I remember back in the 80's when I would come across his CD's in the stores, I would have a look at his face and think: that's horrible. depressing.

But now for the last 8 years, I've been listening to his stuff more than any other band. What a mistake I made back in the 80's !!

Comment

Originally posted by ilbianconero View Post
                              He's a man with 1001 voices.
                              that would be Mike Patton
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Okay, if he would get rid of the cape, inverted cross earrings, and ridiculous face paint maybe I could take him a little more seriously. Overall, I think facepaint is dumb, but I guess I can handle Kiss and a few others. But all of KD's inverted cross & anti-Christian stuff is trying so hard to be offensive that it just looks retarded.

Comment

Working...
                                X