Vinnie Vincent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinnie Vincent

OK, I am on a major VV kick lately. I can't explain it - it just happened. Anyway, I have several questions that someone on here may have the answers to...

1. A long ways back (on the old board), I think one of the mods had lined Vinnie up to answer some of our questions about him and his gear, recording, etc. Whatever happened to this, if anything? Did he ever reply? Is he an actual registered member here, as I know he used to come here once in a while...

2. I saw a recent pic of him holding a VVV, and I could have sworn the headstock said Washburn. Anyone know about this?

3. Was "Guitars From Hell" ever released, and if so, does anyone here have a copy of it? As far as I know, after Enigma went belly up, an employee actually had a copy for sale on the 'bay, and it went for over $200. Anyone here have a copy of it?

4. The murder case involving his wife was on the cold case files and was recently solved, with the guy getting a fat sentence for homicide. I think this has been occupying alot of Vinnie's time, but is there any word on his new album being released?

Thanks for any tips. I recently dug out Vinnie's first two discs, and they still kick ass to this day. I, for one, hope he keeps ripping it up! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Vinnie Vincent

Brian -
    That was our own Sully, who was going to interview VV. I think that VV promised to do the interview etc. and then just dropped out of sight, leaving Sully high and dry. I'm sure he will post the more accurate version of what happened.

As far as VVV's, Jackson was the first to make them. I think they only made about 20, no more than 25, these were available to the public. Next VV went to Carvin and they made him a couple of VVV's, I don't think that the these were ever available to the public. This was way back when Carvin was actually a custom shop! Then VV went on to Washburn, I believe when Grover Jackson was working for them, and they made him a couple of VVV's. So at least 3 companies made him the weird double V guitar, with guitar quality declining with each progression! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think that Sully was planning to make a limited production of VVV's, I do know that Ed Roman is making them at this time.
    As far as that record, I have no idea.

Comment

I believe Vinnie recently resurfaced and emailed Sully too ....
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Excellent news! C'mon Sully - give us the scoop! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanx Kev & Jeff!

Comment

yep... i got an email from him a few weeks ago, but i haven't said anything in case he drops off the radar again.

i've resent him the questions, and hopefully i'll hear back from him.

and yes, vinnie and i have worked out a redesign of the vvv, and he's been willing to sign tremplates to those who may order. however, with him popping in and out of contact, i'm on a wait and see basis.

as far as recording, he is working on putting a band together (i was asked to audition), but i have no other info.

i'll keep ya posted as i can.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks, Sully. You have a message waiting for you. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Brett, Sully or anyone else: what kind of pickup came stock in the VVV, and did Vinnie leave them in there or did he record with some other pickup? His sound was so one of a kind... it killed!

Comment

Vinnie liked to use an EMG 81 in his Jacksons mainly...

Comment

I've seen the Jackson VV but I would love to see the Carvin and Washburn even though I already know it's gonna be the same thing. If anyone has pix post em please.
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I get emails from VV all the time. He told me as late as this week, and these are his words:

"I have been really busy with plans for a comeback, as well as negotiating a record deal with a huge record company."

He's told me other things that I won't get into [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] , but it looks like his "return" is finally coming to fruition.

All FWIW

SHRED! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

cool news indeed, but tell him to drop a brother a line, eh?

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thought you guys might like some old school Vinnie Vincent visual: [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Vinnie is the man when it comes to hyperspeed on a guitar, I read somewhere or heard it on an interview a while back that he was the only person that made Eddie Van Hagar oops Halen nervous. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Shred: that is great news! Tell him to come post on this friggin' board once in a while!

Kickass pic, Ralph!

BTW, isn't that RR#003? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I heard from a very reputable source that he sped up the tracks to make him sound faster. If you play an old cd and listen, dude is tuned way up. Even back in the day I always wondered why he tuned so high. Dont get me wrong, I am a huge fan, I was just disappointed to hear that he might have done that. Anyone hear anything similar?

Comment

Working...
                              X