Vinnie Vincent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vinnie Vincent

I believe Vinnie told Sully that was true ..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I knew he did that but it really doesn't matter, He's still one of the best. Remember when Mark Slaughter did vocals for him? ....man those were the good 'ol days. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[ August 22, 2003, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: mm2002 ]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by chromeguru:
        I heard from a very reputable source that he sped up the tracks to make him sound faster. If you play an old cd and listen, dude is tuned way up. Even back in the day I always wondered why he tuned so high. Dont get me wrong, I am a huge fan, I was just disappointed to hear that he might have done that. Anyone hear anything similar?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, Sully said Vinnie told him he did it to compete with the speed of Yngwie that he couldn't do at the time. Sully also said he can play the stuff at speed now
        though (he had to learn to do it to play
        live!).
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

no, i never said that he couldn't play like that at the time, nor was it done to compete with anyone. that was in this thread

what i did say was that they sped stuff up, slowed stuff down, did stuff backwards. this also isn't just referring to guitar tracks, either.

it had nothin to do with competing with anyone, and he was always able to play that fast.

sully

[ August 23, 2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

My mistake then. Notice, though, that you were answering JimmyB's post, which asked the question just that way, and your reply was,"The answer, according to Vinnie, is yes."

You went on to say he CAN play the stuff like that, but reread your answer and you can see why I misinterpreted what you said. I know, you also said no Milli Vanilli, but playing on something and speeding it up would still be different than having someone else sing your songs. CAN also doesn't mean COULD, as in at the time, another misinterpretation that can be understood given the wording.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Too bad Mark Slaughter and VV arent on speaking terms any more. Nor are the Kiss guys from what Ive been told. Vinnie had some major issues back in the day im sure we all know most of them. But he didn't play well with others for a while and now it may come back to bite him in the arss.
              I havent heard anything from Vinie in a long time. I cant even find the Invasion stuff on CD anymore. Oh well guess I'll keep looking. It will be interesting to see who signs him to a label and
              who he gets for a band line up.
              who knows maybe our own Sully will be a star.
              Gil

Comment

the invasion stuff is supposedly being e-issued by capitol...you might wanna check best buy...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

It's already re-issued.

I picked up the first one as a re-issue.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                  X