Dimmu has Defected To Esp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or both??
    If a fat girl falls in the forest, and no one is there to see it, do the trees still laugh??

Comment

Only good thing that Dimmu released was their demo Inn I Evighetens Morke (or something like that). Original Stormblast album isn't that bad too, but other stuff is just meh..

Satyricon has some good old stuff too, but after hearing stuff from their last album live last month, I like it too. Too catchy, what can you do?

Darkthrone's old stuff...Ablaze in the northern sky -> panzerfaust is good. Their other stuff is either too punk-ish or too death metal for me.

Gorgoroth's new album sucks too. Under the sign of hell was the best they did.

I only like In the nightside of eclipse from Emperor.

Comment

Originally posted by Brick View Post
        DUDE DEATH CULT ARMAGEDDON is such a wicked record.The strings are the coolest, they add this like epic and evil level to the music! comon man don't rip on the symphonic stuff!! Dimmu is KEY!!!!!!
        I'll admit their keys sound way better than.. well most other bands. Sounds more like an actual orchestra/organ playing than some fugly 80's pop-synth
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
          Although I don't find Dimmu ("Dummi Borgar") all that cool, I wonder what makes all these artists jump from Jackson? And to something as "similar" as ESP??

Any ideas?
          Dumme Birger, Dimling Birger.. Mange varianter av den der
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
            Dumme Birger, Dimling Birger.. Mange varianter av den der

Skal innrømme det ikke er mitt favorittband, men de har klart å komme seg veldig langt, og jeg hører heller på DB en mye annet drit

Og vitsen blir aldri for gammel, hehe!
            My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Thats too bad. ESP guitars are nice; I have 9 or so ESP customs (mostly set-neck Explorers which I can't get from Jackson and a couple neck-thru horzon customs) in my collection. I also have 4 USA BC Riches, USA Dean ML's, PRS, etc, etc, etc, but I don't care what anyone says, when it comes to playability, feel and appearance, Jackson wins hands down compared to any other guitars I own/have owned. Hell, my $400 Model 6's fell better than any pof the others. If bands want to sell out and play sub-par guitars to pad their wallets, so be it. Jackson is still the best IMO and I am going to sell a lot of the other brands in my collection to buy more Jacksons.

Comment

I kinda enjoyed some Dimmu albums, also the more recent ones, but when I saw them live in 2004 (I think?) it was a total let down. The drummer sucked so much, he couldn't keep up with the rest.

I don't really care what Dimmu plays, because I kinda lost interest in blackmetal and deathmetal.. but they had some cool jacksons, especially the black rr with the white bevels
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                  I kinda enjoyed some Dimmu albums, also the more recent ones, but when I saw them live in 2004 (I think?) it was a total let down. The drummer sucked so much, he couldn't keep up with the rest.

I don't really care what Dimmu plays, because I kinda lost interest in blackmetal and deathmetal.. but they had some cool jacksons, especially the black rr with the white bevels
                  That's crazy. I saw them live in 2004 as well and was actually impressed with how tight they played. Sounded like the frickin album!

Saw COF live and they really sucked. Especially Dani Filth.

Comment

The scary thing is that alot of artists that switched from jackson to esp started to suck after the fact. Like bodom and Megadeth and some others which is lame.

Ps i'm not trying to start shit. hahhhahaahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Brick View Post
                      The scary thing is that alot of artists that switched from jackson to esp started to suck after the fact. Like bodom and Megadeth and some others which is lame.

Ps i'm not trying to start shit. hahhhahaahaha
                      And on the flipside, you've got guys like Scott Ian who were endorsed by ESP, then went to Jackson. Now he's defected to Washburn.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        And on the flipside, you've got guys like Scott Ian who were endorsed by ESP, then went to Jackson. Now he's defected to Washburn.
                        When was Scott endorsed by ESP??
                        My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

It's cool that Galder plays the same lightning sky RR I have and all..BUT

To be honest..I really don't give a poke in the eye who plays what..as long as the quality of the music is good.

There is some major players out there..and most of them don't play Jacksons anymore..or never have.

When I asked Alexi A-Ho about it..he went off on me..so fuggit..could have been some language malfunction or the fact he was drunk or both..but I'm still a fan..so..

Such is life..

ESP seems to be what Jackson was in the 80's in metal today..so it seems.

Bill Z Bub
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            I was into Dimmu before they were cool.
                            And you admit that?:ROTF: I never even heard of them except on this forum.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

"Dimmu Burger"..
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
                                When was Scott endorsed by ESP??
                                Like '87 or '88 or something. He mostly played the old Eclipse models when they were Telecaster shaped before they turned it into the Les Paul shape. Frank Bello was also endorsed by them.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X