Jeff Hanneman/Kahler Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Hanneman/Kahler Pro

I am a huge Jeff Hanneman and Slayer fan in general, but my real question is: Where does he get his New Kahler Pro trems from, and are they still beeing made and sold today? I want to get a custom shop Jackson Short Scale Soloist made with a Kahler Pro, is this still possible? If this is in the wrong section Mods, feel free to move it to the appropriate one [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.

Re: Jeff Hanneman/Kahler Pro

The Kahler is an option on the Custom Shop order form. Didn't somewhere here on the board say that Jackson had a large quantity of Kahlers leftover from the 80's? I have a 90's Soloist with a Kahler, so they were still installing them on request even when it wasn't a popular item.

[ July 17, 2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

I guess companies like Jackson and ESP bought up aton of them before they stopped production? The only thing I am afraid of is parts, I really love the design of the Pro [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

They had a webpage up until a few months ago and the Kahler Pro trems were still in production....I don't know about now, because they're site (www.kahlerinternational.com) has turned into one of those stupid ass directory search pages like 90% of the domain names out there....They also still sold any parts they had individually...

[ July 17, 2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: DumpyWumpy ]

Comment

It would be a shame that a great trem such as the Kahler pro would dissapear into the nether world, I truly think it is a great design and model. Jack.

Comment

I don't think Jeff would sound any different with a Floyd....but hey , that's my theory [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I agree with you dude, but I really like the Kahler Pro alot, but then I liked Hemi Cudas and they discontinued those [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I think RoodyRocker's Mystic Rhoads has a Kahler, so they're at least still available from Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy:
                  They had a webpage up until a few months ago and the Kahler Pro trems were still in production....I don't know about now, because they're site (www.kahlerinternational.com) has turned into one of those stupid ass directory search pages like 90% of the domain names out there....They also still sold any parts they had individually...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They wouldn't sell an individual roller or roller saddle assembly; you had to buy the set of 6 for $88.99. A salesman told me to check back after inventory in a few weeks, then the site went down. Oh well.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                    I don't think Jeff would sound any different with a Floyd....but hey , that's my theory [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you're right! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I read somewhere that he hates Floyds. Well, he and Kerry do use Floyd nuts on their guitars (same as Jerry Cantrell did on his G&L Rampage). They're just misguided and need to see the light of a Floyd! Hail Satan, er, I mean, Hail Floyd!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They make golf clubs now, but I wonder if they still make some Kahlers, as well? Jeez, I'm sure they still have the tooling.

Plus, aren't there Kahler-Pro knockoffs being made in Asia? You see them all the time on eBay. They might not be as good, though.

Comment

Here's the Kahler site: see if you can spot any guitar bridges. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

http://www.forgedclassics.com/kahler_classic.htm

Comment

They have been making golf clubs for some time now.

Another guitar parts company that makes golf clubs is Ping.

Comment

My KK BC Rich has a Kahler pro and a Floyd type nut. I believe my guitar was made in 2001.

Comment

JimmyApollo, yes my custom shop Rhoads has a Kahler Pro. I recieved that guitar from the Jackson custom shop in 2000 however. I don't know if things have changed now regarding the Kahler availability. Of course back when I ordered my custom shop Rhoads there were rumors that they weren't in production anymore. I spoke with Tim Wilson at the custom shop about my order at the time and he assured me that they were still in production. That was back in 1999.

Rudy
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X