Jeff Hanneman/Kahler Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jeff Hanneman/Kahler Pro

Dosn't the jeff h. model by esp have a kahler? That's still a readily avaiable model from esp. Where do they get them from?

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
      I guess companies like Jackson and ESP bought up aton of them before they stopped production? The only thing I am afraid of is parts, I really love the design of the Pro [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Jack.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Buy a couple of parts trems off of Ebay.
      You can get 'em cheap if they're missing a saddle or fine tuner or something. Get
      a couple and you can make a complete trem
      and still have some parts. Oil the trem
      religiously every 3 months though and the
      trem will probably last indefinitely.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
        I want to get a custom shop Jackson Short Scale Soloist made with a Kahler Pro
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wouldn't a short scale Jackson be a Fusion? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by slayer:
          I want to get a custom shop Jackson Short Scale Soloist made with a Kahler Pro
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wouldn't a short scale Jackson be a Fusion? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">DERR!!! A Fusion has a bolt-on neck, a
          Soloist a neck-through body! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well, the scale length determines if it's a Fusion. Weren't there any neck-thru Fusion models? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's true that the shorter scale is the Fusion's scale, but that'd be like assuming that a neck-through Dinky or a bolt-neck Soloist exists too because they're both 25-1/2" scale.

I've never heard of a neck-through Fusion, but HAVE heard several times of people ordering short-scale Soloists, and have never heard anyone challenge them by saying that they'd described a Fusion.

Maybe Charvel750 would know for sure if such a thing exists; I imagine the Custom Shop will put any truss rod cover you want on an order, so you could commission one in theory.

[ August 10, 2003, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I have a jt580lp, and I change it (perhaps) in few weeks. What is the best : a Kahler pro or a Floyd rose Pro ? What is the main difference ?
                Thanks to answer me.

Comment

Warlord, you'll need a Floyd type trem to replace your 580. The Kahler Pro is a very different trem and needs a different route in the guitar body, not easily interchangeable.

There were lots of "set-neck" short scale guitars. All the Soloist Archtop Pros and Charvel 750's are Gibson scale lenght. Not sure on what scale the US Archtop Soloists used. You may have had a choice there.

Comment

ok man !! thanks ! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I believe the USA archtops also used the 24.75" scale--but of course, there weren't many of those made, so you are much more likely to run into a 750xl/Archtop Soloist Pro for sale. Cool guitars--I'd like to get a 750xl eventually when I get the $$$ together.

Comment

My Soloist Archtop has a 25.5" scale length

Comment

Working...
                        X