Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone lead me to some bands that might sound a little like Death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone lead me to some bands that might sound a little like Death?

Hey everyone. I have been learning how to play some songs by my favorite metal band Death, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some bands that sound sorta similar.. (sometimes I hate being a kid)It helped me a lot to learn songs like Overactice Imagination and 1000 eyes, and i am hoping someone can help me out. Thanks [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: anyone lead me to some bands that might sound a little like Death?

Check out Cynic and Atheist, neither of 'em are around anymore, but Sean and Paul from Cynic played on Death's Human album and Atheist is very comparable to Cynic...very Death-like stuff!

Comment

Here ya go my Metal Curious Bro:

Gory Blister " Black Art" from Italy
      Symbyosis "Crisis" ..incredilble
      Atheist "Elements"
      Cynic "Focus"
      Crutch "s/t" ...Cristian band from Chicago
      Theory In Practice " Colonizing the sun"
      Sadist "above the light"
      Sadus" "Element of Anger"
      Extol "undecieved" another christian metal band but more of a Black metal style but very cool.
      Mekong Delta ..anything but not really Death but very technical indeed
      Nocturnus "The Key" ...this Rules
      Leukemia "Grey Flannel souled"
      Martyr "Warp Zone " Awesome!!

and a whole bunch of cool different new bands that are Progressive death metal like Into Eternity or Beyond the Embrace or Sceptic "pathetic Being" ..

then there very cool technical stuff with clean vox like Watchtower , Spastic Ink , Zero Hour , Lemur Voice , Prototype and another christian band called Tourniquet....I had to include them!!

and my all time favorites ...CORONER!!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

That'll hold ya over for now

later, [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

thanks guys.. that should tide me over.. i will bust out the lightning soloist and plunk the twanger for a little while.. by the way horns.. i read what you wrote about the whole word/shred incident.. and you are right... Let the man shred. He is only a few years younger than me and he already kicks me ass. Word if you see this, keep on doing what you do. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Let your Freak Flag Fly .....and that for me my freind is shreddin' nothing but!!!

I'll never be Mike Romeo but I guarantee he can't play like me either ....to him that's probably a good thing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by gold moon soloist:
            Hey everyone. I have been learning how to play some songs by my favorite metal band Death, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some bands that sound sorta similar.. (sometimes I hate being a kid)It helped me a lot to learn songs like Overactice Imagination and 1000 eyes, and i am hoping someone can help me out. Thanks [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">we are huge Chuck [Death/control denied]fans check out our mp3 link at the bottom of the page , we also have a cover of the philosopher that we will be posting soon on our online rock site Dave will get to this soon ! but as far as all the other bands I'd say all those bands from europe are probably influenced by chuck I know most of em are . //Steve

Comment

Ya dude i have taught myself not to compare myself to shredders. I have learned that leads arent my thing yet... Well sorta. I have only been playing for 6 or so years, and i got exponentially better by listening to Chuck Schuldiner (sorry if i spelt his name wrong anyone) and Death and learning how to play their songs. I can play some of his leads and stuff, but i tend not to focus on them so much as opposed to busting out some brutal ****in metal riffs. If i cant shred like some dudes can, then who cares. I was happy as a pig in **** when i got all the way through Overactive Imagination for the first time. I plunk my twanger different than anyone else does, and thats fine with me [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Everyone should have some kind of Sig...When Dime , Zakk , Vai or Satch...like 'em or not you always know it's them playin'!

...even guys like Tom Morello has his own thing ....even though I think that "thing" sucks ...it's still "his" thing.

Comment

Working...
                X