Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When Endorsee\'s jump ship...

Originally posted by Accept2:
    . The only body style I know that is patented, and trademarked is the Blade Runner body style developed by David Andrews Guitar Reasearch. Schecter once tried to copy it, and lets just say the confrontation wasnt very pretty
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Got a pic?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

BLADERUNNER

These are hard to find on the web.....

Comment

Hey thats one of the 4 that I have...........

Comment

there was no way Gibson would let a Fender owned company produce a guitar that looks like a Gibson trademark.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fender makes quite a few guitars that are obvious attempts at Gibson designs. They are just not exact.

this comes to mind

http://www.fender.com/misc/summernam...7700578_md.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Metalcop:
            This irritates me way more than when an artist leaves one brand for another. OK, I understand that artists change 'preferred' brands and endorse a different guitar company, that is the natural course of things. But when they try and take 'their' signature guitar with them, it is really quite lame (read: Dave Mustaine). So he leaves Jackson, no problem, leave the King/Y2K V's with Jackson, where they belong. Don't just have ESP build you a nearly identical guitar and stick their logo on it. This would have been like when DM came over to Jackson, having them build him Bich's and throwing a Jackson logo on them, get my point? ESP is by far the worst offender of this, it's like they can't come up with an original guitar design. Both Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman did the same thing, lets just have ESP make us copies of our Jackson and BC Rich guitars, thanks for the paycheck.
            Vinny Vincent was by far the worst offender of this. Jackson built and designed a double V, to his specs, then he has Carvin build him a duplicate guitar. Then, to add insult to injury, he has Washburn build him the same guitar.
            This isn't a rant about endorsee's leaving Jackson or any other company, just taking the collaborative effort guitar along with them. I think I'm going to shell out the $5,000 and have ESP custom build me a Rhoads... [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're not losing sleep over this, are you? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I do agree with you though, it is rather annoying.

Comment

Working...
            X