Remastered V V Invasions - Get Them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remastered V V Invasions - Get Them!

I finally picked up the V V remasters after having the originals (long out of print)for many years. I can honestly say they did a great job on them. The sound is heads and tails better sonically than the originals which sounded like they were neutered when they were transferred to digital.
    On some songs it was like hearing them for the first time. As over the top Vinnie's shredding is, you can now hear even more furiously picked notes and the the rhythm guitars and bass have been boosted. Everything seems much more 'warm' this time around.
    I personally like the first one better as the songs are stronger and Robert Fleishman's vocals are as unreal as Vinnie's playing. Mark Slaughter seems to 'force it' on All Systems Go (the second Invasion album).
    For those who have never heard the Invasion, check out what this guy can do on a Jackson!

Re: Remastered V V Invasions - Get Them!

Do you guys remember when Vinnie's first album came out and all the rumours of him "speeding" up his solos, so he could compete with Malmsteen, Vai, Gilbert and other 80's monsters?
    Was there any truth to this? It didn't matter to me - I didn't like the signing on those Invasion records - but I am still curious. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

the truth, according to vinnie, is yes.

they did a fair amount of playin with stuff in the studio, more for effect than pulling a milli vanilli.

parts of the recordings were sped up, slowed down, reversed. there's lotsa little things done.

however.... he can play everything as it sounds on the records.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

...there you go. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

nah, i never got it.

i too agree that the first record is WAY better than the 2nd. but i've not been a fan of either singer. the songs were decent, though!

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

yeah, I felt the same Sully. Songs were pretty good, but those singers....yeck.
            Vinnie winding out like a crack wh0re sucking for a fix was pretty cool though. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Sped up or not, it sounded great and he looked great - can't beat a grown man covered in pink everything. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ July 23, 2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Jimmy B ]
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

totally sped up... listen when he does his B string dive bombs.. yes b string dive bombs hehe. try tuning to it, it's like a whole step up from standard if i remember correctly..

Good stuff though, saw them open up for alice cooper back in the 80's with mark slaughter singing, and dana strum.

Dave

Comment

VINNIE VINCENT FUKKIN' RULEZ!!!!!!!!!

The first album still destroys about 99% of what people call "metal" in this country anymore....

Vinnie, if you're reading this - GIVE US MORE INVASION MUSIC, PLEASE!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes of course I remember when that first came out you could totally tell...I called it Chipmunk Guitar Action

Bwahahaha! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sully, I figured you might be the guy to answer that - thanks! I had only heard that 'rumour' somewhat recently. Cool of him to admit that though, most guitarists would not.

Did you ever order one of those demo boxsets that he was putting together a few years ago?

In any case, more Vinnie material would be awesome. He has so much talent.

Comment

he speed up his solos in studio...????!!! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Now the only thing that I thought was cool about him is forever tainted ....that's nice [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I already own his discs since they were new!!....but now they'll probably get even less play now...what [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] !!

OK he's done with me...I'd kick his rear ...see I really am fast ...no cheating here!!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm very disappointed.....that did always sounded weird to me ...thought it was his style ...not a cheap trick!!...again [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Maybe he used a capo and is just messing with ya ..you know *secret guitar tricks*.. gotta throw them off. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

In all seriousness tho.. he's not the first guy to have done that type of thing. I give him credit to admitting the truth and being able to pull it off live, which kinda leads back to the "why" in the first place.

Comment

Yeah ..I'm all for guitar tricks but thats just plain cheating and decieving players / fans ...which is [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

I give him a A for honesty ...his morals seemed to surpass his ablities at this moment...

Hey I liked VV ...up until right now..I was cheated anf fooled ...I can't let that go!

anyone want his two original discs...I'm thinkin' ' bout sellin' then now [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[ July 24, 2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Were's the love guys? There are some many ways to alter one's work in the studio, that half the time, nobody would even suspect that anything different was ever done. Not all of his solo's were treated with special treatment. He still exibited how talented he is regardless if he sped up a tape or two. Plus, he pretty much ran dry on the 1st record. nothing but a cord from his guitar, straight into the amp. I personally am more disturbed about all the singers using that voice altering piece of crap(ref:cher).I don't even know the name of what that effect is, but alot of singers use it now. to me, that is a obvious show of no talent [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                            1990 Jackson Professional
                            1992 Dean ML
                            2004 Epiphone Flying V
                            2005 Epiphone Dot
                            2009 Fender Stratocaster
                            2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                            2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                            2006 Fender P Bass
                            2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                            1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                            1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                            Custom Pedalboard
                            ADA MP1
                            ADA FX2
                            Tascam 2488

Comment

Bill, I hear Loomis speeds up his solos too. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              Please forward all CD's to...
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                              X