No announcement yet.

Remastered V V Invasions - Get Them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remastered V V Invasions - Get Them!

i understand where you're coming from, i was surprised when he told me that. i didn't understand why, considering he's really that fast and clean. again, he can play all that stuff note for note, live, and i guess that's all that matters. his lessons video is sick, to say the least.

let me just finish with this: when i was talking to him about it, i didn't ask for specifics; he told me that parts of the record were sped up, slowed down, reversed, etc. so... that's not the same as saying that he sped up his solos only, ya know?

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Loomis....No Friggin way man ...that dude is 100% pure clean shred talent....he punch ya if he heard ya.... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I wouldn't blame him.....

I never thought VV was cool man ...kinda makes Kirk Hamster look manly ...Pink??? Pink????? Friggin ' PINK????.... OK Man whatever that's nice ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm tellin' him what you said [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Hey everone , Jimmy B is gonna get his ass wooped by Jeff Loomis .... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Let' put the very manly VV up against Loomis...Loomis would eat the Pink Poser in seconds then spit out his limp wristed bones ... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Don't even tell me I'm going to get beat down by Mr. Pinky....don't even go there [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

An even better reation than I had expected. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Thank you, Bill - you are the man! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        I was kidding about Loomis - the man is a MONSTER!
        [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        Um, about that ass kicking? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

[ July 24, 2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Jimmy B ]
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yes , I like VV still I guess , that just caught me by surprise man ...I worshiped him back then (well his payin' anyways) I honestly though his mannerism was a little too light in da pants ....but he played too good too care ...well not too much [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And yes Loomis is the Man ...I know none better at this moment ... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

He lives , eats , sh1ts guitar 24 / 7 he is sooooooo polished and dedicated ...it's unreal!!!

If i see VV pull that stuff live exactly ...he will redeem himself in my book ...but Loomis is still KING

[ July 24, 2003, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, send me those discs at once... you don't need 'em, anyway. You've got 3000 more to pick from... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

As far as VV I always thought his solos were VERY sloppy (In Invasion). I remember seeing the "Boyz Are Gonna Rock" video and (It's been a while) thinking he was just shredding any old note? Not knocking the guy, I think his talant was for writting some catchy hooks.

I have some footage of the DHIADW tour, when Nevermore stopped by little ol Kelowna BC. Only 60 people there! I'll have to put that footage down on the PC so I can post it. The only thing about Loomis's playing that suck's (To me) Is....I have been playing longer and he kicks my ASS! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
              Also, the SOB doesn't miss a damn note or break a sweat when playing live. And thats just not fair (or human) [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] As a matter of fact the tempo is even faster live! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Brian ...let me think about that one... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Dave ...That's exactly how I feel about that little punk...

He is not human [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] I have some old Fear tech demos when he was 16 ...He still kicked all our asses ....even years from now...it's not fair ...

...but he's the best Metal guitarist on the planet...right now !

Comment

Vinnies best stuff was when he resurected Kiss. If he had stayed in Kiss, they wouldnt have gone downhill so much in the past 20 years.....As for VVI, alot of people at the time felt that Vinnie "borrowed" his Kiss material and put it in VVI, at least thats how the press viewed it.....And yes, that pink....He looks normal on Lick It Up, and then take a look at him on the cover of those VVI albums..........Kinda reminds me of that dude Lemar from Revenge of the Nerds.........

Comment

i agree that VV's strength was his writing, (to me) not his taste in soloing... and yes, some of the stuff on the first record were songs originally intended for kiss. i know that animal and twisted were supposed to be for gene and paul to sing, respectively. those are the only two that vinnie mentioned to me when i've asked about it.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Guys.. Paul Gilbert has even admitted to speeding up things in the studio. (like he needs it [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) In the grand scheme of things, there really isn't anything new under the sun, they're just trying to put a new spin on things.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Dude Tekky ...Dude???

Gilbert does wha??? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

NNNNNooooooo WWWWWaaaaayyyyyyy....... [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Why? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

can't be...

Comment

I only bought his first one so I dunno what else he has but the songs are kinda cheesey with over the top solos that really didnt make sense in the song structure prevented me from getting his second one. The guy can rip it up tho...
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                          X