Msg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msg

Where might I find some good MSG stuff on CD?
    Amazon doesn't seem to have much that I want...

No MSG..No likey MSG..

MSG gives me the shitz..

OH..does that come with eggroll??
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      No MSG..No likey MSG..

MSG gives me the shitz..

OH..does that come with eggroll??
      The other MSG
      I like both though

Comment

OK..I think I can help..hold on.

Not the albums I want but here's some..https://www.cmdistro.com/shop/index....0Group&option=

I like his early stuff myself..his first four are my faves..

Hold on ..I'll be back..

Man, nobody has this stuff in stock..hmmmm..I'll keep checking..http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl?sc=10&search=MSG

Hell, I'm batting zero here..http://www.deepdiscountcd.com/index....e.cfm?genre=HR

Baby Jesus in plastic pants..I can't seem to find what I'm looking for..http://www.cduniverse.com/sresult.as...&altsearch=yes

For the love of Santa's wooly sack..here..http://www.impulsemusic.com/catalog/cds_results.asp

You may need to hit Ebay on this..

Bill Z Bub
        Last edited by horns666; 11-09-2006, 07:46 PM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have little to no trouble finding Monosodium Glutamate, but Michael Schenker Group is a little harder to come by unfortunately

*Runs and gets Doritos*

Comment

any MSG albums to stay away from? Because I've seen a couple in the local discount bin & hesitated to get them. I've heard he can be hit and miss, depending on the period. One of them was a covers album too, which always makes me pause...
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I'd say Built To Destroy and Assault Attack are the ones to get. They are my faves, anyway.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

The Schenker

I have a the following on Vinyl:
                Built to Destroy
                Assault Attack
                Cry for the nations
                Dancer
                One night at Budokan
                Rock will never die
                the Micheal Schenker group

I wish I knew how to rip these to CD. I am a dumbass when it comes to this. I would make a cd for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse Called War View Post
                  I have a the following on Vinyl:
                  Built to Destroy
                  Assault Attack
                  Cry for the nations
                  Dancer
                  One night at Budokan
                  Rock will never die
                  the Micheal Schenker group

I wish I knew how to rip these to CD. I am a dumbass when it comes to this. I would make a cd for you.
                  That's a nice offer..I have all these on CD..and I can't locate them anywhere...as you can see..

I bought them when they came out some years back..I bought a couple 2 0n 1's..like the first four.

My CD burner burns sometimes..when it feels like it..I usually have to go thru about 10 CDRs to make one good copy..

Comment

I was at Borders a couple months back and they had the one (a recent one) where the group did covers of a bunch of classic hard rock stuff.. War Pigs, Money, etc. etc. (Heavy Hitters?)
                    I didn't really like that one that much though, I was looking for classic MSG.

Built to Destroy and Assault Attack are available on Amazon but they're Imports and are 20 and 36 bucks respectively I don't mind paying 10-15 bucks for a CD but 20 and 36 is a bit high I'd say.
                    What the crap is that?

Comment

that one you found at Borders sounds like one of the ones I found in the discount bin here. So it wasn't much chop? Glad I didn't pick it up then
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I've got an acoustic MSG album.. But it's a copy so I don't know the title..
                        In the beginning some guy says something like.. "How you doing tonight? Well please welcome.. An unplugged evening.. With M.S.G.!"
                        I don't know the title, I got it from a friend and I listen to it all the time.. Especially the third track, an acoustic version of "Anytime".. Love playing that on my guitar.. Anyways.. Anyone know the title? Help appreciated
                        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

his albums with Robin MacAuley were his worst, Perfect Timing and Save Yourself.

they aren't terrible, but they are not his best work IMO. so this is what a lifelong Schenker fan has to say.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Yeah, um, MacAuley sings on that acoustic album of mine btw..

And Skorb I agree with you.. While the MacAuley era has some fantastic ballads and lyrics about love and stuff, which can be great if you're in the mood, I'll remember MSG for songs like Assault Attack, Armed And Ready, Rock You To the Ground, Into the Arena (of course), etc., most of the songs with Graham Bonnett on vocals I think.. Correct me if I'm wrong though, memories a little fuzzy at the moment..
                            Anyway those songs had such an attitude and attack, it was raw, unpolished, plug and play, had a very live feeling to it.. No fancy schmansy producer trying to slick things out.. Just all out ballsy ROCK! Timeless!
                            Last edited by Guitardude86; 11-10-2006, 03:52 AM.
                            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Hit your local pawn shops thats the best place to find 80s cds.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X