Morbid Angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morbid Angel

One song from their new studio album ("Heretic") has been posted online, entitled "Enshrined By Grace" - sounds rather Gateway-ish, but not just as bad. I hope the album won't suck. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.earacherecords.org/bands/...d_By_Grace.mp3

I still like David Vincent better than Steve Tucker... Altars and Blessed are DM-masterpieces...

Re: Morbid Angel

Gateways to Annihilation is the only MA cd I have, and I really like it. I should probably check out their older stuff.

Comment

Get Altars of Madness and Blessed Are The Sick ASAP - these two records are mandatory listening. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Eh, I stopped listening to them after David Vincent left. To me, it's just not the same without his bass and vocals. I've got all their old stuff up to and including Domination which came out in '95. They still are pretty cool, I just haven't really been interested in any of their newer stuff.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Let's not forget Covenant!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Doesn't Trey still use his trusty JCM 800 and a Rat...

Who cares about that fag Vincent ....Eric Ruttan sure makes up for that small loss....IMO

[ July 29, 2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
              Let's not forget Covenant!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Covenant ruled!! Also, that was the first album for a death metal band on a major label. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The song's great but I have huge problems with the production. It sounds way muddy esp during the solo. When's a death metal band gonna have some of that super produced crap going on huh?
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I doubt that it's the final mix, mind you the album is due in late September...

Comment

Ive got Altars of Madness and I'm not too keen on it. It all just seems too same-y. If you get me. I mean yeah I do like death and thrash metal, but I just couldnt get into that album.

Jamesy

Comment

Having been a Morbid Angel fan for a VERY, VERY long time and loving all that they continue to pour into the scene

I can say by far Domination is my favourite cd for composition, Erik Rutan and Trey together on that record wrote very well orchestrated riffs and solos that complimented eachother, example "eyes to see....ears to hear" and "dawn of the angry" and Pete's drumming is out of this world, or otherworldly I should say! but by far, Formulas Fatal to the Flesh has lyrically what I think Morbid angel is about, I think Trey should always write the lyrics as they just consume!
                      I know alot of people wonder what the hell he is talking about and what all that mumbo jumbo is, but if you are in the know about the sumerian culture it's refreshing to see someone besides melechesh write about it!

Spirits of purifying Flames REMEMBER!

Malek Al' NAR

Comment

Spiral Architect Rules ...I thought that was Buddy Lackey from Psychotic Waltz when I first heard them....he sounds just like the dude..

Have you heard Dead Soul Tribe w / Lackey??

I assume you like Zero Hour too! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                        X