EVH's teenage son joins the band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
    I wouldnt go see that show. ED is an addict and that affects his playing. NOT HIS TRUE ABILITY. He has influenced more people than anyone IMHO. Hes a legend but I wouldnt pay to see JR replacing Michael Anthony.

Lets add up the people EVH has alienated. Ed is whats blocking Van Halens comback.

Valerie Bertinelli - and she has stuck by his side for 20 yrs or more.
    DLR - Alomst every VH fan wants him to do another CD and tour.
    Sammy Hagar - In the live without a net video he called EVH his best friend.
    Michael Anthony - been thru thick and thin with the band and was always quiet about it

The band Van Halen is dead. Sammy wont play again with them and the DLR thing wont last a whole tour. EVH is someone who needs help and when he accepts it the Van Halen band will make a comeback. I wont go see it. FOr me its either Hagar/DLR,EVH,AVH and MA. Id see that show. No one else can replace these guys. IMHO
    ..YES!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
      Lets add up the people EVH has alienated. Ed is whats blocking Van Halens comback.
      Don't forget the guys at Kramer, Ernie Ball/Musicman, and Hartley Peavey and company...

Comment

Soldano...

Comment

Well then, I guess calling this the Kevorkian World Tour wouldn't be out of the question then? I for one really can't speak for how it is on being a rock legend a couple times over or the choices one has to live or die by.
          Have you seen Ed's shoes? try to fill them, or better yet, would you want to even get near them?
          Maybe that is his point. who knows?

I only paid to see VH once..when I was 21. Times were different back then. The days of big stadium shows and sold out 50k seater venues are long gone for these guys. The ticket prices at the time were some of the highest for the year. (Diver Down tour) I really wanted to see the Fair Warning tour.. but this was a time where I was able to go and was the next best thing.
          Do I remember it? yeah, I remember being there, I actually had not to bad seats on his side.
          I recall seeing RR there too, but, Randy died at the rising of his star, so no one can really sit around going.. wow, I really wish Randy would tour with Ozzy again. Steve Stevens too, I saw him a year later at the same venue..
          he was blowaway with the Roland 707. I think he's still still around isn't he?.. well, he probably still dresses alot sharper so there's no pics of him looking like shit on the forums circle.

and, then theres all the companies Steve Stevens used to endorse but, ..this isn't about him or how he handles his personal or business life.
          Last edited by charvelguy; 11-16-2006, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I saw them all up until the first Sammy tour and I was out after that.
            I thought they peaked at Fair Warning, it was their best tour of them all.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
              I recall seeing RR there too, but, Randy died at the rising of his star, so no one can really sit around going.. wow, I really wish Randy would tour with Ozzy again. Steve Stevens too, I saw him a year later at the same venue..
              he was blowaway with the Roland 707. I think he's still still around isn't he?.. well, he probably still dresses alot sharper so there's no pics of him looking like shit on the forums circle.

and, then theres all the companies Steve Stevens used to endorse but, ..this isn't about him or how he handles his personal or business life.
              Huh???
              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Whaaat????

Is there bitching about how many endorsements Steve Stevens has had? (clue: he's had many)
                They've both been around the same block..
                Course not.. its pig pile on Ed here. Yeah, tis a fact that Ed has had many many endorsements that he has left..
                As endorsements work, they pay him to use his name in exchange for his exclusive use of their product.

His relationship with Peavey was ended because he was selling and using the Charvel art series in 2004.

How many of you can say you have a FMIC endorsement with your name on it?

Now he's going to use a Fender amp, just like the Bassman he played at home that was the original concept for the brown sound.

Hmm.. he was using Peavey guitars and amps for 10+ years, now he's using a Fender guitar and a Fender amp..
                makes sense to me.

IF Randy was still alive, its purely speculative on my behalf...but would there be grumblings of how
                he isn't doing anything with Ozzy.. or playing a Jackson? etc.. etc.

Ed is the original receipe..alot of you would not being playing the guitars you have or the way you are without him. His Bio reads as larger than life RnR Hall of Famer. Any one of us could only hope to ever rise to the level of success and status that EVH has achieved.
                If he chooses to be a humble street musician dressed in rags.. let him be.. he still has all this success on his bio.
                You guys are acting like he's become a branch davidian. His son played some gigs on the tour in 2004.. if MA doesn't want the gig and prefers to make hot souce with a Van Halen style logo.. so be it. Replaceable.
                Any management type here will say.. the company and the protection of that company and its interest comes first.

Fender seems to have enough faith in him and his name. I wish I had the same problem.

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                Huh???
                Last edited by charvelguy; 11-17-2006, 05:39 PM.

Comment

That don't need Mike ..eh..???

I think sure in the Hell think so!!!.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u69IC...related&search=
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

For me, Van Halen was always the sum of all parts. If you don't have one of them, Eddie, Dave, Michael, or Alex, it doesn't work for me.
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                      For me, Van Halen was always the sum of all parts. If you don't have one of them, Eddie, Dave, Michael, or Alex, it doesn't work for me.
                      +1
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Tom, I think we all know the real issue here is not Ed's many endorsements but his apparent alcohol and maybe drug addiction, and the fact he has alienated every sensible person who's not a yes-person from his life as he's reduced one of the greatest bands ever to a laughingstock. Nothing against Wolfie but WTF is his dad thinking?

Other than that, I have great respect for Steve Stevens and his playing, and he HAS been around the same block, but first of all he has not lost his dignity to any degree compared to EVH. Second, he really isn't in the top tier of legendary players like Ed is. He played some real cool stuff with Billy Idol and Vince Neil but he's a couple of rungs down the ladder as far as being brought into a comparison discussion.

You don't have to be a rock legend or a drug addict to know that drug addiction is bad.

Whaaat????

Is there bitching about how many endorsements Steve Stevens has had? (clue: he's had many)
                        They've both been around the same block..
                        Course not.. its pig pile on Ed here. Yeah, tis a fact that Ed has had many many endorsements that he has left..
                        As endorsements work, they pay him to use his name in exchange for his exclusive use of their product.

His relationship with Peavey was ended because he was selling and using the Charvel art series in 2004.

How many of you can say you have a FMIC endorsement with your name on it?

Now he's going to use a Fender amp, just like the Bassman he played at home that was the original concept for the brown sound.

Hmm.. he was using Peavey guitars and amps for 10+ years, now he's using a Fender guitar and a Fender amp..
                        makes sense to me.

IF Randy was still alive, its purely speculative on my behalf...but would there be grumblings of how
                        he isn't doing anything with Ozzy.. or playing a Jackson? etc.. etc.

Ed is the original receipe..alot of you would not being playing the guitars you have or the way you are without him. His Bio reads as larger than life RnR Hall of Famer. Any one of us could only hope to ever rise to the level of success and status that EVH has achieved.
                        If he chooses to be a humble street musician dressed in rags.. let him be.. he still has all this success on his bio.
                        You guys are acting like he's become a branch davidian. His son played some gigs on the tour in 2004.. if MA doesn't want the gig and prefers to make hot souce with a Van Halen style logo.. so be it. Replaceable.
                        Any management type here will say.. the company and the protection of that company and its interest comes first.

Fender seems to have enough faith in him and his name. I wish I had the same problem.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I appreciate your point Rich. Its well thought out.

As far as Valerie, the net shows that on July 9, 2002, they jointly announced their separation had been since October 2001.
                          She filed for divorce on December 5, 2005.

Ed is responsible for the decisions taken against him? yes in part.
                          Then be asking yourselves.. wtf is Valerie thinking if the situation is really as bad as you say by allowing the son to play in the band and follow his fathers footsteps?

Two things are clear.. its not the complete lineup of the old band for anything other than a Van-Roth reunion tour, and we really don't know how it'll be, sound or sell. So there is a great amount of prejudice goin on surrounding the situation much like there was when Charone joined.
                          I guess there is a certain market share of VH's fan base in which the audience that are musicians feel they will no longer patronize any VH performance.

I guess from a public standpoint of those 'in the know' and are acting as his judge, (and not lived in his shoes but are comfy in their own) its a good thing Hendrix died instead of endure a good 'ole cyber stoning.
                          Last edited by charvelguy; 11-18-2006, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Michael ANthony isnt replacebale to THE FANS. Its the fans that made VH not EVH. We enjoyed the song writing from DLR and Hagar too. Its more than a guitar solo or a great chord progression or a guitar tone. For me its the same way with Kiss. I was into the original members and to me thats KISS. They made decent music with others but the originals will always be KISS to ME.
                            Van Halen isnt a corporation they are entertainers and the fans are the ones being entertained. Certain fans here have chose not to go see the wolfie tour and thats there right. I for one want to see Ed with a clear mind playing. I dont want to see him play wasted the way he did on the 04 tour. He is a legend and always be but there are other legends in that band too. MA,Hagar and DLR. Alex is a great drummer too.

Id like to see the original VH members in a studio with a Producer and an Engineer from the past. EVH cant be song writer,producer,guitar,singer. They need a good producer to bring out the best they have to offer. Metallica did it when Bob Rock helped them on the black cd. IMHO if EVH would lose the booze and possibly drugs and give up a little control to a Producer they could easity produce another multi platinum CD.

As far as endorsements go . I dont care what he plays thru he'll always sound like ED. He'll always sell what he endorses. I want to see EVH get cleaned up and get it together before he kills himself. Id like to see him even give up cigarettes. Just ED and the rest of VH making great tunes with a clean and sober mind.

Comment

EVH's teenage son joins the band Reply to Thread

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                              I guess it's official if it's on CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Musi...vanhalen.reut/
                              Damn I got the same age :p

Dusty
                              Last edited by dusty_saturn; 11-22-2006, 05:53 PM.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTs4p6t7jMI

Comment

Working...
                              X