Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Criss Oliva

Originally posted by Wayniac:
    Anyone attending the 10th Anniversary Memorial Concert in Tampa on Oct 17??
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm going to the show... plus Circle2Circle will be playing... they are great too... it will be nice to see Chris, Jon, Johnny Lee, and Steve Wacholz back together...

It'll be a nite to remember... i can wait...

Joy
    www.ChrisCaffery.com

Comment

I've been reading this whole thread and most of you guys are really right on about Caffery... he was very close to Criss Oliva and works very hard even now to keep that spirit in Savatage... That is very important to him and is the reason he does all of Criss Oliva's solos...

Butcher isn't necessarily dead... as Chris stated in a post last year "It's time to reach out and torment again"... you never know...

If you guys want to keep track of what's going on with Savatage/TSO/Butcher, you should check out Chris Caffery's site... He has an "Ask Chris" page where you can send him questions and he'll answer them there... or you can join the Message Boards over there... Chris posts a couple of times a week with updates on what's going on with Savatage/TSO/Butcher and updates on his solo CD... If you post a question to him on the board, he answers as many as he can... he does read his board... plus there are the tour diaries...

come on over and check it out...

www.ChrisCaffery.com

Comment

I have been a huge Sava-fan, but with the most recent albums and the ever-flowing change of personnel I gradually kinda lost interest. Gutter Ballet and Streets still remain as two great albums, and Criss was a truly emotional player.

Comment

I may see ya at the show, then, as I will be there.
          CIIC are a geat bunch of guys, and I had a long conversation with their guitarist Matt and their stage manager Dan (Dave??) in regards to Criss.
          Matt's tone and note choices, as well as vibrato make me feel like I am listening to Criss at times. They played an awesome show at Progpower.
          I think the show will be a cool tribute to a great player.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
            I have Oliva's tone Nailed!!!

No need for links , tabs and whatnot....

been around long enough to know these things...

Cleveland Metal and I are probably the biggest Chris Oliva fans here...Fukk Savatage ...Chris was Savatage!!!

I've talked to Caffery for quite some time ...he'll be the first to say he's not half the guitarist Chris was ...Caffery has gotten better and has always played with heart ..and that shows..

Pitrelli is a fukkin' dick head , his ego far exceed his abilities...that's what I know [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] !!!!

and Alex is a different story all together... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">amen man ! lol !!! //Steve

Comment

Uhh, I just have to post here....

Criss rules [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X