"Everything louder than everything else"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Everything louder than everything else"

Indeed! Just witnessed Motorhead for the first time last night at the Maiden/Dio show in Cleveland. That was the loudest fukking thing I have ever heard - BY FAR! I think I have sustained permanent hearing loss after that punishing blitzkrieg...

To put it in perspective, me and my fellow JCF buddy Wendell were attempting to talk to each other during one of their songs, actually screaming at full blast directly into each others' ears, and it was totally useless. We may as well have been mimes. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] In fact, when DIO and Maiden came on afterwards, it was almost like a relief to hear how quiet they were in comparison. You have been warned! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh, by the way.... Maiden kicked some tail, but... DIO IS GOD!!!! That guy is the ageless wonder with the golden set of pipes, no question.

Wow...two and a half hours of sleep and I somehow made it in to work....need coffee...lots of it.

(Edit: typos...not enough zzzzz...)

[ August 06, 2003, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Brian ]

Re: "Everything louder than everything else"

My bud who had his own fanmag and myself got invited to a Motorhead show a couple years ago. My bud IS the biggest Motorhead fan in the world. I never paid them much attention, but holy crap Micky Dee sure mad that show worth it! I though he just tightened their whole sound right up and made it a very cool experience. LOUD, yes they were! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

saw motorhead and wasp together...motorhead is not understood until seeing them live...their albums don't have the unmolested energy that just flows off the stage...i would've hated to have been wasp that night...i wouldnt want to try and follow motorhead on stage either, they are that good live...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Hey Bill - no sweat, dude. I figured you'd be busy otherwise you would have posted about going to it over at the CMZ. We will have to hook up soon at the Agora....hopefully for the DIMMU BORGIR / NEVERMORE / CHILDREN OF BODOM show! That one is gonna FUKKEN OWN ALL!!!!!
        [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Goddamnit, MOTORHEAD just destroyed my head last night dude. It was a religious (demonic) experience! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Speaking of which, I have seen God, and his name is DIO.

Comment

Brian speaks the truth. The sonic pounding that my head received during the 35 minute Motorhead set last night was beyond anything that I have ever experienced in the 20 years that I have been attending heavy metal shows. It was my first live "experience" with Motorhead and I will boldy say that I will not miss another opportunity to see them again.

Dio was VERY impressive, he never missed a note during his entire set and was bouncing around the place with the energy of a 20 year old.

Maiden delivered a flawless show as I expected they would, playing many more of their older classics that were absent from the Brave New World tour.

But the most indelible impression upon me was made by the sheer power and volume of Motorhead. When they took the stage, Lemmy stated very simply, "We are Motorhead .............. and we are going to raise your roof."

Man,.... did they ever. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

When they finished their set, Brian and I just looked at each other and said in unison "HOLY SH!T!!"

Comment

Uh huh, and it's like that at EVERY Motorhead show. I first saw them in the mid 80's when they opened for Alice Cooper - I think they were supporting Orgasmatron - and they made old Alice look really bad.
            He was everything Motorhead wasn't...boring, slow and not much fun.
            I saw them again in support of Bastards(twice) and they were even better. Highly recommended.
            [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

The coolest part was, even at about 60 or so yards from centerstage, it felt like my chest was being pummelled by a grizzly bear each time they would lock into a groove. The sound pressure was off the freakin' chart. Impressive.

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes Brian ...we wil have some "quality time" at that soon to come , ungodly display of Metaldom at the Agora!!

All hail Loomis.... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey Brian...glad to hear you had fun...sorry if I missed your call ....I was tied up with the family unit anywhooo....
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                    My bud IS the biggest Motorhead fan in the world.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No no no, you are mistaken. That would be me. Check my avatar. It's an ace of spades tattoo on my right fore arm. Got two more motorhead tattoos, survived 50+ motorhead gigs in various line ups (and am by miracle still able to hear ... somewhat [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and once even got two bass picks from Lemmy himself.

They are truly the loudest band in the world. They kick anyone's ass. When Motorhead moves in next door, your lawn will die. They've got to be experienced to be believed.

Motorhead is rock 'n roll the way it's supposed to be. Straightforward, no compromises, in your face and no nonsense.

[ August 07, 2003, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Ironhead_metal ]

Comment

Re: &quot;Everything louder than everything else&quot;

Yeah? Well Brad had interviewed Lemmy and met him, even got a tour of his WWII collection! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm looking for a ric for him right now too. I don’t know all the details of Brads Motorhead experiences but he is definitely a diehard to say the least. He has the Motorhead tattoos as well!
                      [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ August 07, 2003, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Dave ]
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Motorhead are just cool.

I love Lemmy's stage banter, it's always witty. Never any pretense, he's just rock n' roll.

Though I love pretty much every Motorhead record (w/ the exception of March Or Die and Snakebite Love) and though Mikkey Dee is formidable on drums and Phil Campbell is totally unique and under-rated on guitar, I must say that I find "Philthy Animal" Taylor's and Fast Eddie Clarke's sound were better suited for Motorhead.

Motorhead is a rock n' roll/punk band, and I prefer Philthy's sloppy drumming (just watch him play) to Mikkey Dee's incredible chops. I don't like Phil Campbell's tone - it's too heavy I find.

Just listen to No Sleep Till Hammersmith and Everything Louder Than Everyone Else back to back. Hammersmith is my favourite live record.

This is a minor quibble however, I still love Mikkey and Wizzo and live it doesn't matter cause they're so loud that you can't really tell the difference [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ August 08, 2003, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Jerry From Ghana ]

Comment

Motorhead live are the loudest ANYTHING I've ever heard! I saw them play on a Monday night - ears still ringing on Thursday! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                            Yeah? Well Brad had interviewed Lemmy and met him, even got a tour of his WWII collection! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is extremely cool. I've interviewed Lemmy as well on various occasions and got to meet him before shows. He always appreciates true fans. And it's a good thing they are still out there, in force!

Comment

Yes, Motorhead is one of the loudest and best live. I saw them open for Slayer back in 1988 in a little Skating Rink with about 200 people. The first time I ever saw Motorhead and they were loud and smoking, just awsome. The only band as loud and awsome, was Slayer on that night, even louder and more furious, what a tandem [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Overkill was good opening, but couldn`t hang with Slayer and Motorhead [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

[ August 12, 2003, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Working...
                              X