• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 G3 Satch, Vai & Yngwie

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/880463

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Re: 2003 G3 Satch, Vai & Yngwie

Yngwie is finally humble (Broke) enough to play with the other big boys! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Actually, I'm pretty sure he's done this before.

Comment

Only one date scheduled so far.... must want to see if it'll work first.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!
          I just saw Dream Theater and Queensryche there and it is an awesome venue. (Just needs to be LOUDER) [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          The worst part is, I'm supposed to be elsewhere on vacation that weekend. Gotta talk the wife out of that one for sure. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:
            Yngwie does pretty well outside the USA, so I doubt he really desperately needs the money. But this would be a good way for him to draw a decent crowd within the USA.

This is a cool billing, you have to admit!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah I know. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] I think it's cool that he's doing stuff with other guitarist. I thought it was cool that he did Mr. Crowley with Tim Owens too. In the past he wouldn't even talk about other guitarist unless he was asked and then he wouldn't say much. I don't think Yngwie is as arrogant as he is just very confidant in his musical ability and he says it how it is. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [edit] spelling

[ August 08, 2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Dave ]
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Re: 2003 G3 Satch, Vai &amp; Yngwie

I would love to see G3 again. I saw the original line-up at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago (the concert they recorded for the CD) and it was awesome. If anyone else was there, there was a guy who opened playing an acoustic, just sitting in a chair playing by himself, and he was amazing. Does anyone know who that guy was? His name escapes me and I would like to find out.

Comment

I think it was Robert Fripp (thta who it was in Fla)
                www.kiddhavok.com
                www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

No, I believe it was Adrian Legg, an amazing acoustic guitarist. Bob Fripp opened up solo on the next tour after that doing his "soundscapes" on electric guitar.

Comment

holy sh1t, i'm there.. well not there, but when they come near..

dave

Comment

im going most likely. good to see yngwie swallow his pride as i doubt he'll close

Comment

Yngwie does pretty well outside the USA, so I doubt he really desperately needs the money. But this would be a good way for him to draw a decent crowd within the USA.

This is a cool billing, you have to admit!

Comment

I'm pretty excited about this! Steve, Joe and Yngwie, how could you go wrong?
                          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Adrian Legg!. Thank you! He did some of the most amazing things I had ever seen on an acoustic guitar. I missed G3 when Kenny Wayne Sheppard and John Petrucci switched in the line-up, but I TOLD my wife that if the show comes around the mid-west, I'm going. And, of course, by TOLD, I mean asked.

Comment

I hear Yngwie's only playing rhythm guitar on this tour! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X