Jackson PC1 - On 2003 "X" Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PC1 - On 2003 "X" Tour

Since there is not much posted on Phil Collen in here, I figured I would throw this picture up. This is my custom Lacewood PC1 with a birdseye neck and quilted maple fingerboard, that Phil used from April 12th to August 2nd on the current Def Leppard "X" tour.

Brooks

www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Re: Jackson PC1 - On 2003 "X" Tour

That is one intensely stunning guitar! I hope Phil didn´t chip or scratch it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The only wear is just above the back plate, where his pants button hit the body. But thats about it. Not bad for using it every gig from April to August.

Dave, email me. I got a pic of something to show ya but cant post it.

Brooks

Comment

I saw the boys on August 4th - they, once again, rocked. Phil sounded awesome and played even better. The man is righteous. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        Viv was pretty hot as well...he just doesn't seem to get much space, y'know.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

WOW, that lacewood sure looks nice! What other wood does it compare to as far as tone? I've always been a fan of ash or mahogany, but that guitar is a real looker.
          sigpic

Comment

Its more meaty then most of the mahogany body ones since this is a solid body vs the mahogany body and maple top. I took Phil my solid KOA body, but he said the Lacewood sounded better then it. I would compare the Lacewood to a solid ash PC1, both have more of a chunky sound to it. Perfect for the songs that have the power chords like Rock Of Ages, Pour Some Sugar On Me etc.....

Brooks

Comment

I'm not one who usually prefers natural finishes, but those are sweet, Brooks. The lacewood looks sick, as does the birdseye on the koa one. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I'll be seeing DefLep soon.

Comment

Interesting that you would compare it to ash. While other obligations prevent me from placing a Custom Shop order in the near future, I had already decided that I wanted an ash body with some sort of transparent finish to show off the grain. I have an ash DR2 that sounds fantastic, and if lacewood has a similar tone, I might have to consider that as an option.
                sigpic

Comment

Brooks, as always you have awesome taste in the guitars you have custom made. Lacewood was an awesome choice, my friend! No wonder Phil wanted to play it so long on the tour!
                  Is is just me, or does facial hair make Phil look kinda old? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone:
                    WOW, that lacewood sure looks nice! What other wood does it compare to as far as tone? I've always been a fan of ash or mahogany, but that guitar is a real looker.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lacewood is close in tone to alder. It's not like ash or mahogany which, themselves, are sort of at opposite ends of the specturm. Ash = medium bright and "poppy", mahogany = more deep toned, heavier sustain. Like alder, lacewood would be somewhere in between.

Comment

Re: Jackson PC1 - On 2003 &quot;X&quot; Tour

Originally posted by BGWwebguy:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dang - check out that shnozz! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You could almost fret a string with that thing!!

J/K bro! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey man, nice guitar!

How much did that thing cost you? I wish I could've bought that Koa PC1, damn that is nice too.

Comment

It cost a few pennies.

This is the twin KOA - Another "X" tour guitar. KOA top, mahogany body. This one and the solid KOA are both from the same piece of wood. BIG thanks to GuitarXPress!!

And Shreddermon may be right about the tone. I was just comparing this to a solid Ash PC1 I have. Every one sounds different.

Brooks

Comment

Working...
                          X