Clear All

• Another one jumps ship!

Well, he sure landed in a great place!
    I love GMP Guitars!

Re: Another one jumps ship!

No kidding [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I knew Jack was going - he was not pleased about being unceremoniously dropped while he was still being used in ads.

He landed in a good place, though. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

We were actually discussing this all they back at Winter NAMM, so it was probably just a matter of time.

Comment

This is very unfortunate, because Jack works as hard as any musician out there.

He is terrific with the fans, which is exactly what you want from your endorsees. For someone who definately stuck with Jackson through the years and was a great asset, being dropped makes for more bad PR for the new Artist Relations guys.

[ August 12, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Ralph E. ]

Comment

Hey Donnie,

I just noticed that there is a pic of you in my Jackson catalouge. How did you manage that? This may be a dumb thing to say, but I have no idea who you are , I mean as far as if your in a band I've heard of or something. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

I met Jack at the winter NAMM show. I was on my way out one day when I heard this guy just tearing it up on an Egnater amp. He was kneeling down in front of it and his face was not well seen. I thought to myself: "Wow! that guy is really good!". So walked up to listen some more and I thought I sort of recognized him so I said "Jack?" and he turnred around to look my way. Very friendly. Got some pictures taken with him as well as his autograph on the page in the Jackson catalog that features him, then I gave him one of my Jackson calendars [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
              Did I mention the guy can shred!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Rudy
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

I got to know Jack by meeting and hangin' with him at length several times ....even own some of his old out of print metal cds including his old stuff...

..He's a very nice dude ...silly, but nice!!!

You talk about "funny faces" while your playin' live ....Jack takes the Golden Globe Award!!!!!!

He's gotta a pretty cool tone from that Engl.....

His best stuff IMO is Bronx Casket Co. ......he just fits that gig perfectly!!!!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Jack is "honered" ?

duuuuhh [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey Donnie,

I just noticed that there is a pic of you in my Jackson catalouge. How did you manage that? This may be a dumb thing to say, but I have no idea who you are , I mean as far as if your in a band I've heard of or something.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What does that have to do with the subject of this post?

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Cretsinger:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Hey Donnie,

I just noticed that there is a pic of you in my Jackson catalouge. How did you manage that? This may be a dumb thing to say, but I have no idea who you are , I mean as far as if your in a band I've heard of or something.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What does that have to do with the subject of this post? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, just as the new FMIC AR guys didn't know who Jack Frost was, Rick doesn't know who you are! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Neither do I; who are you? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Call me ignorant but I know nothing about GMP guitars, they look good though.

Jack's a great guy, I've bumped into him and Caffrey several times and they have always been great.
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Cretsinger:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Hey Donnie,

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What does that have to do with the subject of this post? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jeez, lighten up. The dude just asked a question. No need to be a dick! I've seen you in my catalog and also wondered the same thing. Maybe some people would like to know more about your playing and band and support you... or do you not care about fans and selling cds? Maybe you'll be dropped from Jackson's endorsee list soon, too.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Another one jumps ship!

Someone else jumped from the Jackson wagon.

Jack Frost

Someone needs to fire the A&R department at FMIC, Jack has gone out of his way for years to support Jackson, and they basically told him he had to start all over and requalify as an endorsee.
                            [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                              Maybe you'll be dropped from Jackson's endorsee list soon, too.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Too late..

Comment

Working...
                              X