Unlikeliest Jackson/Charvel sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlikeliest Jackson/Charvel sightings

Alright, so what's the unlikeliest (or most unlikely... not sure about the grammar here) Jackson/Charvel sighting you've discovered?

Budman mentioned tonight's Shania Twain Chicago concert in another thread.

Here's mine. Know that pop-punk band Simple Plan? (Maybe your kids do.) Well, they used to be called Reset a few years ago, and their guitarist played a blue Jackson Dinky Professional in their video "Why". That kind of caught me off surprise.

Any other strange non-metal Jackson/Charvel sightings you've come across?

Re: Unlikeliest Jackson/Charvel sightings

Well I have jammed with a rock-a-billy band with my Model 3.

Is that weird enough for you?

Jimmy Page played a pointy headstock superstrat for the Outrider tour in the late 80's. I don't remember if it was a Charvel or Jackson or something else. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, on the Artists Endorsed list I saw the guitarist for LYLE LOVETT is Jackson-endorsed!! Forget the guy himself's name though - oops! I'm guessing he's not playing a Warrior or Rhoads in that group, maybe a Jazz'r or a TTX?

Julia Roberts AND Jackson? Who'da thunk EITHER of those would be associated with Lyle Lovett? No dis on him as an artist either; it's not my cup of joe but he's very unique as an artist. It's just REAL ODD, is all I'm saying!

I heard his pedal steel guy has a 10-string OFR too [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] BWAHAHAHAHAHAH! JUST KIDDING!!! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[ August 20, 2003, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

There's an Australian pop-punk band, One Dollar Short, that set one of their videos in a metal club. Geeky loser walks in and sees feral chick of his dreams across the room. All the while, the band plays on stage in bad wigs, wielding import Jacksons. Can't remember too much as I'm not a fan of the band, but I do recall a Kelly bass.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I was watching a Lyle Lovett concert on the tube a week or so ago and thought that was a Jazz'r the guitarist was playing.
          I'm a Lovett fan...

Comment

Whenever I see Lyle Lovett, I always am
            struck by his resemblance to Fee Waybill
            of the Tubes, circa "Talk To Ya Later"!
            Equally talented, and quirky, in their respective genres. Separated at birth?
            I'm wondering.... [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Hey! Howzabout
            a Lyle/Fee duet? That would be surreal,
            and a song that'd fit them both would have to be awfully cool! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Saw a pic of a country band (amateur) where the guitarist had a pink Rhoads with black bevels. It was a righty guitar and he was playing lefty.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Toby Keith's guitarist playing an American Flag SL1 during his song "Angry American".

Comment

Chuck likes Lyle Lovett? This is the same guy that made fun of my key fob? I can't wait until our paths cross again, Chuckracer...... if that's who you really are?!

Comment

On Chicago Access Network (cable access) I keep surfing by a show of some Funk/R&B/Dance-type thing where a band is playing some club and the guitarist is playing a SL-1. He's got his Sunday best and a fedora on. The Jackson looks out of place. I can't tell you how it sounds, I think this thing was recorded with someone's dad's camcorder...
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Lyle's guitarist's name is Mitch Watkins...my parents saw him in concert last summer and they said that he used a Jazz'R or two.

Comment

What about the Charvel Star in "Revenge Of The Nerds"?

Comment

That's been debated as to whether it is a Charvel star. However I distinctly remember seeing a still of the movie in Maxim and you can make out the Charvel logo.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Great thread.
                            En Vogue performed "Free Your Mind" at some awards show 5-7 years ago, and their female guitarist was sporting a white Rhoads or KV. I thought it looked 'fashion'

Comment

Well,I've seen a guy playin an import Kelly in "Dharma & Greg" [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X