Frantic Disembowelment - Cannibal Corpse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frantic Disembowelment - Cannibal Corpse

Not really into this sort of thing. But, I saw this and wept.... Snort much speed?

Cannibal Corpse - Frantic Disembowelment (Guitar, Bass & Drums In Studio).avi

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

his fingers look too mechanical to be at normal speed

Comment

Cannibal Corpse kicks ass!! That's from the "Making Of" DVD that came with The Wretched Spawn CD. What's really sick is Alex Webster playing bass that fast without using a pick!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Cannibal Corpse kicks ass!! That's from the "Making Of" DVD that came with The Wretched Spawn CD. What's really sick is Alex Webster playing bass that fast without using a pick!
        I learned to play bass modeling my technique after Les Claypool, and used his 3-finger plucking technique. I can actually play faster that way than I can with a pick!

-a

Comment

It's real...lol
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I dug it. Except for the boring drumming.

Comment

Comment

None more brutal?
                "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  What's really sick is Alex Webster playing bass that fast without using a pick!
                  what's so sick about it?
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                    what's so sick about it?
                    Yes, yes Endrik... We all know you don't like extreme metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed View Post
                      Yes, yes Endrik... We all know you don't like extreme metal.
                      no it's not about that (I can bare CC), I mean what's so unbeliveable about playing fingerstyle bass at that speed, it's pretty basic right hand finger-tremolo, and that pulling motion let's you play faster than with a pick, you can see that kind of wanking all the time in jazz concerts...often too much...you know guys like Oteil Burbridge and other wanky-doodle dudes
                      Last edited by Endrik; 11-18-2006, 03:57 PM.
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

It's the powerchord sliding riff near the middle that really does it...Haha Pat O'Brien is a fucking MACHINE!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          what's so sick about it?
                          What's so sick about it is the fact that most extreme metal bands have bass players that use a pick. I couldn't imagine playing a whole set of really fast songs without my fingers falling off after that!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Pat even looks kinda "Ho hum" about it haha!

Yeah there are many jazz/fusion players that do extreme shit but, Alex is relentless!

He has to have one hell of a death grip with the workout he gives his digits.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

that's a cool song
                              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
                              X