Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leslie West

damn, he is 61 and still tears you a new one, check this out

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

the qulity of this vid. isn't good but but it's pretty understandable that this man still has it, badass tone, attitude and in your face playing.

unlike many of his peers from the 70's he still has balls.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

I like his stuff with Mountain and Grand Funk Railroad, seems like he never got very famous outside of the US?

Comment

well, Leslie is a player's player, incluenced tons of guitar heroes but totally unknown for the general public.

John Coraby era Motley Crue sounds a lot like that by the way.

also, check out how many drumsticks the drummer throws into the crowd.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

When was L.W. in grand funk railroad?Mountain was their best during the Nantucket sleigh ride tour. Saw them several times during that preiod.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

yeah, Mike Farner played in GFR, cool player also.

Pat Travers and Frank Marino are other monsters from that era who most of the people don't know about.

Comment

I met Mark Farner once his cousin was a friend of mine.We got tickets to a show in Cinci Ohio, very loud.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

mississippi queeeenn!
              stole my twinkie cream!

doesn't appear leslie has been sticking to his, diet lol.
              he rocks though fat fat fat tone! something about sunn amps i guess.
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

he's using Marshalls in the vid.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Yes I know but I meant original 70's Leslie.

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                  he's using Marshalls in the vid.
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

If you liked Clapton with Cream, old ZZ, AC, etc.. you'd dig West, Bruce and Laing.
                    They released a live album which shows LW with his Flying V.. very good live album. I found it laying outside by my Jr High one day, took it home and played the crap out of it.Amazing it still played ok but it did. Leslie has a great vibrato and blues/rock power feel.

Comment

Working...
                    X