Arch Enemy show last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Enemy show last night

Saw the opening night of Arch Enemy's US tour last night at Jaxx in Springfield, VA. F**king brutal, man! I haven't rocked that hard in a long time. Chris Amott was playing a beautiful Caparison 'dinky strat' with the AE 'symbol' as a graphic on the body. He absolutely shreds, and does so very casually.

And yes, that's no studio trickery--Angela really does sound like that! She's a real babe in person, too, but you have to think that a little woman that can make the voice of death like that would cut your head off in the middle of the night or something... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

They only played for about an hour, but there were three other bands on the tour--Black Dahlia Murder, Evergrey, and Hate Eternal. I missed the Dahlia, but thought Evergrey was pretty cool. Being power metal, they were maybe a bit out of place, but they rocked pretty hard. Hate Eternal, is straight-up death metal, of which I'm not very fond, but their drummer was an absolute madman--Virgil Donati is the only other guy I've heard with double kick technique like that, although I'm not exactly a drum 'connoiseur'.

There was an actual mosh going on--the first one I've seen in, like, ten years. Of course, I'm too old for that sh*t now...

Re: Arch Enemy show last night

Cool! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I’m seeing them on the first, can’t wait!

Comment

I'll post pictures of the Denver show on the 5th. Too bad you missed DAhlia, I have their "unhallowed" CD. Very brutal, they are awesome. I love every band participating in this tour, but I do admit evergrey's sound doesn't exactly mesh well withthe likes of Hate Eternal. With the keyboards and all...but they are probably my favorite power metalish band right now. good emotional content, instead of useless songs about dragons and crap like that. EVergrey rules. I have to pick up the new ARch Enemy CD today. Woohoo

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lantz:
        Cool! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I’m seeing them on the first, can’t wait!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope to be at the same show! Maybe I'll bump into ya [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

If you haven't heard the new Arch Enemy yet, I predict you'll be pretty happy when you do! I'm not sure I like it as much as Burning Bridges or Wages of Sin, but it has been growing on me to the point where I would rate it in the category as those two albums. I think it's certainly better than either Black Earth or Stigmata.

Comment

I'll be at the show in Toronto on the first as well! I will be the one with the longsleeve Evergrey shirt on.... probably not too many at that show will be supporting Evergrey due to the three other death bands, but I am there to see only them. They are awesome! After that, I'm going to Atlanta on Thursday for Prog Power IV....should totally kick ass this year with my faves being Symphony X, Rage, Evergrey, and Pagan's Mind! Hail to true metal!!

Comment

I'll see them with Nevermore on September 24th in Hamburg.

Can't wait! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

sounds cool, i should be seeing them in late december in london [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] really looking forward to it
                93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Chris Lantz:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope to be at the same show! Maybe I'll bump into ya [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hope to see you there. BTW if you do happen to "bump" into me don’t hit me too hard, I’m starting to think I’m getting too old for the pit. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:
                    Chris Amott was playing a beautiful Caparison 'dinky strat' with the AE 'symbol' as a graphic on the body. He absolutely shreds, and does so very casually.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn right! Chris is one of the best guitarists we have in sweden right now.
                    The Caparison is his signature model, you can read about it here.

Comment

I think it's always funny when people hear the singer from Arch Enemy the first time and can't believe that it's a woman doing those vocals.
                      Actually you haven't heard her doing real heavy vocals.
                      Since she is from germany i went to a concert a few years ago where she was with her former band called Mistress.
                      They did real death metal, not the melodic style Arch Enemy is doing. And she really nailed those deeps growls, not this screaming like in Arch Enemy.
                      It was the first time i saw here on stage and really this was a surprise seeing a woman doing this kind of vocal style.

Flo
                      http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

I'll be catching the show in Worcester Mass Fri Night (tomorrow) - there for Evergrey, but I'll have to catch the rest of the show from what you guys are saying.
                        Then off to Atlanta for Progpower. Brian - make sure you look me up so I can buy you a brew - Mike Blevins (aeolian from the old JCF board) will be there - he can point me out. I'm crewing, but if any bands bring their own crews, I usually get a break.... that is CD shopping time, and time to grab a brew.
                        And those Caparisons are kick ass guitars. I was lucky enough to snag on off of evil-Bay last year. Compares nicely to my soloists.
                        Hope to meet ya in Atlanta

Comment

well, ive recently buyed the new album (kicks ass, by the way) and.....i think ive read the name of the vocalist three or four times because i couldnt believe that i heard a female voice. its excactly the same thing that infernal said....just couldnt believe ^^

im going to see them on october 25th in frankfurt, with nevermore as the headliner....well im REALLY looking forward to that....2 bands, both really cool (and heavy, too!), for a imo really nice price....what can be better? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

fragle

[ September 11, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Fragle ]

Comment

Same here. When I first listened to Anthems of Rebellion I was thinking the opening singer was one of the guitarist singing their stuff, and then there would be this beautiful female voice. That beautiful female voice never came in. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X