Jeff Beck "The Final Peace"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Beck "The Final Peace"

If I like this song, what else would you recommend? Unfortunately, I can't stand anything else on the Beck album this came from...weird huh?
    E = Fb

Are you serious? this is one of his most amazing albums. Wow, just goes to show, people hear things differently than others. "There and back" is my favorite Beck album by far. it's like sophisticated cocaine rock and roll music for the time it was made.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop was a good enough introduction for me.. Although there's a lot of electronic elements in there it's kinda cool how he shreds it up sometimes.. And some of the tunes are downright funky.. I suspect Vai got inspired by this album before he went and recorded Passion and Warfare..
      And "Where Were You" is weepingly beautiful.. The man is a guitar wizard!
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I'm horrible with instrumental titles but if it's the one I think it is check out Blow by Blow. Personally I think There and Back is one of the best guitar albums ever but it never gets alot of mention among some of his other stuff like Wired, Blow by Blow and Guitar Shop. To me it's the equal of Wired and Blow by Blow and Wired and I like it better than Guitar Shop. And the rhythm section on it's killer, Mo Foster and Simon Phillps. Same rhythm section as the MSG album with Into the Arena etc...
        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I'm with you Muddy , There and Back is tops in every sense of playing the guitar, there's super highs, laser rips, lightning double stops(bends that is), slow teary filled held notes and bends, not to mention all the other fine instrumental playing along with it, I mean how the hell do you play the drums to Space Boogie?

Comment

Guitar Shop is my fav. but I have and love 'em all.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Wired and his Live album are the best. I just saw him a couple of months ago and he was just fantastic.
              If only I had back the money I gave that TV preacher....

Comment

i don't think you can possibly squeeze more out of a guitar in terms of making
                it sound like human outcries instead of notes. simply amazing, not many like that cat.

Comment

And remember: He is a strat-cat
                  "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Working...
                  X