Megadeth - "Gears of War" rough mix from new cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's OK. I like some parts.

but you just can't replace Marty Friedman. any player after that is going to make for less of a band. I'm a huge MD fan but I've been sorely disappointed in everything Dave's done since Marty left.

that classic lineup with DM, DE, MF and Nick Menza was so fucking great.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
      it's OK. I like some parts.

but you just can't replace Marty Friedman. any player after that is going to make for less of a band. I'm a huge MD fan but I've been sorely disappointed in everything Dave's done since Marty left.

that classic lineup with DM, DE, MF and Nick Menza was so fucking great.
      Ain't that the truth! Classic lineup is right! I have high hopes for this release, so I hope it doesn't fall short. I'm a huge Megadeth fan from way way back so I'll like it either way I suppose, but I do have high hopes for this. I am thinking this will be the best release since Youthanasia. Prove me wrong Dave!

Anyone else notice the guitar tone is more old school Megadeth? More Jacksonish maybe? I don't know... just thinkin' out loud
      - Adam

Comment

Hey Sinistas, is this ripped from the WMA?
        - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post
          what would someone from Louisiana know anyway...

Watch it!!

Comment

Remeber this was also written in support of the video game so I'm sure the rest of the album will be even more Megadeth-ish if that makes sense. Think of it as belonging on Hidden Treasures.

Comment

please tell me that the album wont sound like the "first GOW mix" file....the drums sound just horrible and the guitars are muddy as hell.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                Hey Sinistas, is this ripped from the WMA?
                Yes, it is.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

yeah i heard one of the new megadeth Tunes when they played In Toronto for gignaour, It wasn't that good but thats what i exspected from new megadeth.

Comment

Intro reminded me the ingame music in Banjo Kazooie. It feels so lifeless, lacks drive. Sad really.

Comment

The new Megadeth line up is damn excellent and more "Metal" than ever. Marty is a great player but the Drover Bros are pure metal and will be a great asset to this band. And Sneap is a mixing God! This is whats cool about Dave...He isn't going in the direction his old fans are stuck in, he is listening to whats going in the world of metal.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                        I dunno. It sounds old and tired.
                        I would like to hear something with more balls coming from Dave. This...mmm...I dunno yet. Will give it another try.

same here

Comment

"This is whats cool about Dave...He isn't going in the direction his old fans are stuck in, he is listening to whats going in the world of metal."

That's fucking hilarious! :ROTF: I guess you can say this and describe "RISK" while keeping a straight face. Priceless dude, priceless!
                          "POOP"

Comment

WTF are you getting at? I never said I liked Risk...Hate it actually. That was when Dave was thinking about making $$$ and probably listening to Marty way too much and his Japanese pop crap. Are you saying this GOW song (Un finished and rough mix I must add) is likend to that of Risk?

Look at the bands he is touring with...Arch Enemy, Nevermore, Opeth etc...Not Korn, Slipknot and so called metal.

Andy Sneap is regarded as THEE producer in the "Metal" community...It's not like he is going for Bob Rock or Rubin.

The Drover brothers have a history in the Metal community with ties to King Diamond/ Mercyful Fate, who inspired Dave/Megadeth. Eidolon (Drovers own band) is a stellar Metal band.

He has clearly gone with the die hard metal fans and not tried to catch up to Metallicas success for once.

Just nice to see someone trying to really get back to making great music and not trying to re invent themselves (Like he attempted with Risk) or recreate the passed.

The song may not be mind blowing but, sounds promissing and it is just a song made for a video game.

Comment

ahha THEE producer and the best mixerman in metal?...you guys are confusing Andy Sneap/Andy Wallace
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Taken from Wikipedia site...

Andy Sneap is a British record producer, recording engineer, and mixer. He is best known for producing and mixing many acclaimed heavy metal albums. Andy was also the guitarist for the classic thrash metal band Sabbat. Currently he works out of his own studio, "Backstage Recording", which he founded in 1994.

Andy received a Swedish Grammy for his work on Opeth's Deliverance album, as well as a US Grammy nomination for his work on Killswitch Engage's The End of Heartache.

Production Discography
                                Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion, Dead Eyes See No Future
                                Benediction - Grind Bastard
                                B L A Z E - As Live As It Gets, Blood and Belief, Silicon Messiah, Tenth Dimension
                                Cathedral - Caravan Beyond Redemption
                                Consumed - Breakfast at Pappa's, Hit For Six, Pistols At Dawn
                                Earth Crisis - Breed the Killers
                                English Dogs - All The Worlds A Rage, Bow To None, What A Wonderful Feeling
                                Exit Ten - This World They'll Drown
                                Exodus - Tempo of the Damned
                                Hecate Enthroned - Slaughter Of Innocence
                                Iron Monkey - Iron Monkey, Our Problem,
                                Kill II This - Deviate, Trinity
                                Kreator - Enemy Of God, Violent Revolution, Live Kreation
                                Masterplan - Aeronautics
                                Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World, This Godless Endeavor
                                Pissing Razors - Cast Down The Plague, Pissing Razors, Rise To Addiction
                                Skinlab - Bound Gagged + Blindfolded, Disembody, reVolting Room
                                Stuck Mojo - Declaration Of A Headhunter, HVY1, Rising

Mixing Discography
                                Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin
                                Artillery - B.A.C.K.
                                As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security
                                Cradle of Filth - Thornography
                                Entombed - Monkey Puss Live
                                Exodus - Another Lession In Violence, Shovel Headed Kill Machine
                                Fozzy - Fozzy, Happenstance
                                Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing, The End of Heartache
                                Machine Head - The More Things Change, Through the Ashes of Empires
                                Megadeth - United Abominations
                                Napalm Death - Breed to Breathe, Inside the Torn Apart
                                Nevermore - Enemies of Reality (Remix)
                                Opeth - Deliverence, Lamentations (Live at Shepherd's Bush Empire 2003) (DVD)
                                Soulfly - The Song Remains Insane (DVD)
                                Spiritual Beggars - On Fire
                                Testament - First Strike Still Deadly, Live In London, The Gathering
                                Trivium - Ascendancy

Wallace produced Limp Bizkit, System of a Down and the like...I'm talking about the kind of metal that die hard metalheads are into...Record companies like Nuclear Bast, Earache, Century Media, Metal Blade, Roadrunner and so on.

Comment

Working...
                                X