Megadeth - "Gears of War" rough mix from new cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you picked out Bizkit and SOAD from all the stuff he has done, good job
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Sneap IS one of the best producers in metal today. His work with Nevermore is awesome.
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Endrik...I notice you are one of those people who seem to like starting shit for the sake of arguement. I'm just supporting my opinions with facts...and I didn't mention SOAD...That was you...Does than mean you are lumping them in with the two band I did mention?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I guess you figured me out man
          maybe you should check your post again because I can clearly see you wrote System of a Down (aka SOAD) and your "facts" are also your opinion.
          that being said, I know who Sneap is, he does pretty good job, some of the things sound kinda crappy but overall his pretty ok, his mixing could be fatter and more "panoramic" and the drums could sound more natural though, I hope the album doesn't sound like the clip wich Sinistas posted. Something similar to Nevermore's DHIADW sound would fit pretty well...I think.
          As far as starting shit, you provoced didn't ya? I simply thought that some guys here are confusing the Sneap/Wallace thing, because Wallace is a groundbraking mixerman (now that is a fact, ask anyone in the industry) and one of the busiest man in the biz', also he is one of the few who can work so that no one else is allowed in the room when he is doing is job, Sneap is a "new" guy and hasn't made so many outstanding albums...yet, so that's why I thought that way. But you just took only two mainstream acts from HUGE Wallace discography and pointed out those like it's the only thing that this man has been doing. Don't BS me please.
          Last edited by Endrik; 11-24-2006, 05:08 PM.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I see It's an acronym...lol S.O.A.D gotcha...But No, the facts are the facts...That is Andy’s portfolio...Both Andy’s. My opinion is that Dave is making good decisions with Megadeths direction.

Anyhow...The "Rough" mix (in my opinion) sounds good.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

no problem man, I'm waiting the album I can't judge the new Megadeth now because based on this clip... the sound and the songwriting is weak IMHO...but Dave can still write some hooks so I hope a decent album is in the making.

Comment

That was terrible man. I hated that, espicially the whispering of 'gears of war'. I wonder how much they payed him every time he said it.
                The solos where ok though.
                Last edited by Bandersnatch; 11-24-2006, 11:03 PM. Reason: spelling
                If a fat girl falls in the forest, and no one is there to see it, do the trees still laugh??

Comment

And the battle has ended!

Comment

Here's the full song, live, on YT:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm in that video at 1:48. haha

Comment

Bang that head!

It was at Six Flags? I hope Megadeth got billing above "Puppet Show"

Comment

Slightly...haha

Comment

Here's what sounds like a good loud studio version, it's 4:13 and set to clips from the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jSUw...related&search=

Comment

are you guys listenning to the version on Megadeth.com??? It's 4:26 and sounds good to me. I burned it to CD and cranked it on my way to work this morning.

This reminds me of something that might be a cross between a PSBWB and a CTE song with TSHF production. I like it a lot.
                              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

The version on deth.com is the same one as on my website, only I had it up first

Comment

Working...
                                X