Loomis - Pod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Loomis - Pod?

Here's my living room rig from hell that Bill wishes he owned!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The bond between Guitarist and Amp is a sacred sacrament...

It's Man meets machine ....or a man and his tubes ...unless that man blows a tube ...

Just like John...he blow tubes....Chinese tubes , Russian tubes ...he's sick I tell ya...sick!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Loomis uses a Gorilla amp for everything! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes your amp is "Godlike" .... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The Uber is starting to reach that status as well ....I finaly got this thing where I'm pretty happy with it.....Trick with the Uber ...You have to REALLY play with the bastage ....The tone controls are very Extreme...Geez . [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

BTW ..I tried that new Line 6 (? model) the 300 watt chromed head....It has a super uber mode on it ...John Comprix has one and we were both playing with it.....

Well it's definately the best line 6 amp I heard so far....Their "Super uber" simulation was actually decent ...has that throaty voice...but it's far from the real deal .....I should know I hear the "real Deal ' in my friggin' sleep [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But I was having fun with that amp ....but we all know ...Loud is where an amp's tone counts ....not bedroom level .

[ September 16, 2003, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I agree with John too.

I always want to say...."Tone is NOT in you hands, technique is, attack is, charicter is but NOT tone". When these "Tone is in your hands threads" start. The old "If Eddie VH played through a gorilla amp it would sound like Eddie. Yeah, but it would sound like Eddie playing through a sh!tty Gorilla amp! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] This is just my little opinion but, it would be Eddie’s technique and personal style you would recognize, along with the fact that he tweaked the amp as good as he could.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
              Marshalls as VH or Malmsteen , Rhoades ,
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, Bill, you hang your bald head in SHAME!!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

It's RHOADS, dopey! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

OK Ron ....ever since I was forced to do time in da hood ...I can talk too good no mo..

with CEBS being all contagious and whatnot [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Saw nevermore and arch enemy live last night. besisdes them both kicking ass I got a chance to ask a roadie about Loomis' rig. and I was totally shocked about the simplicity! A boogie triple rectifier and some simple small two pedal Digitech fx processor wich was for chorus and reverb, nothing more! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

When I saw Nevermore at the Knitting Factory in LA, Loomis was using a Pod Pro.

Andy Oliphant
                    The Thirteenth Hour

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                      Speaking of Doglike tone, behold my Mighty Marshall!!

You may commencing drooling..........

Now!
                      [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I see you have that you switched your guitar rig from 1/4" cable to 1/4 yd. cables to improve your tone!!

Comment

recently i saw nevermore live and like mentioned above loomis as well as this guy from testament (forgot his name...steve smyth or something, dont know exactly) used boogie dual rectifiers for amplification (they played in a really small venue, maybe 300 people so there was no need for a triple....they even played only halfstacks, so no walls of cabs on stage [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ).
                        but beside of ther kick-ass tone (fuuuuuuck, esp with emg707 and a dual recti....damn i wish i could afford that) they REALLY rocked! although they were only 300 people almost everybody was bangin/moshin/stagedivin all the time....crazy, i tell you. but it was funny when one stagediver drank warrels beer and after a few minutes warrel stood there and said "****....i've got a problem with this beer - its empty" .....great show.

Comment

Working...
                        X