Pre "US" Yngwie video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre "US" Yngwie video

Here's a video of found of Malmsteen playing live before he moved to the US. I thought it was pretty cool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CEZc...related&search=

lol...I love the edit on the drum solo and "much later" title

kick ass Yngwie playing fo sho
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Damn... Nice to hear the early beginnings of what he went on to become. Dude rips...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
        Damn... Nice to hear the early beginnings of what he went on to become. Dude rips...
        +1

Great video. Thanks for posting.

Comment

that was great \m/
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

It was ok...

I dont really care for him though.

Comment

Wow, I remember when he was in Mike Varney's Spotlight column back in '82 or so...always thought he did his own singing on the old stuff...glad to see he still wears the same outfit!
              Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

He's also got the bandana thing going like Uli.

Comment

wow, that just kicked my ass. When I first heard him, he made me almost want to quit playing. I'm amazed he's keeping that V trem strat in tune as well as he is while beating the piss out of the bar.
                  I think he was featured in Varney's spotlight in '83.

Probably drove his folks nuts or he had very supportive parents who worked nights.
                  Last edited by charvelguy; 11-26-2006, 06:14 AM.

Comment

well, his mother was the one who paid for his plane ticket to the US to meet Varney...

Comment

Yeah, if I recall she was a professional opera singer herself.
                      This just makes me think of early Becker too. Was listening to Perpetual Burn last night.. man that guy could smoke at such a young age.

Comment

yeah, actually this Yngwie clip sounds a lot better than some of the live stuff I've seen him do around '85 or so..maybe he got sloppy or bored for a while there.
                        The pinnacle of his career, so far though, is the live performance of the concerto suite with the japan filharmonica...it's diabolical.

Comment

Working...
                        X