Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Jackson Endorsee...

...but he should be.

I went to ProgPowerUSA 4 in Atlanta this weekend, and I have seen the the guy who may be the ultimate badass in metal right now.

Victor Smolski of Rage. (Hah! You thought I was going to say Romeo, didn't you?)

The dude is just not human.

(BTW, on a related note, one of the guitarists from Circle II Circle had a nice white 80s Soloist Custom with a Kahler and a matching headstock. Sweet.)

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Re: Not a Jackson Endorsee...

Thanks! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I've never heard of him, but I just did a search on him and found this: http://www.victorsmolski.de/e_info.htm
    Very, very impressive, I'll say. I've got to check him out now. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Check this (RealAudio, sadly) clip from Rage's soon-to-be-released album, "Soundchaser":
      War of the Worlds

Mike

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Wow, that's pretty fukkin' sick! I love it!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

He played that like it was NOTHING, too. (Well, he did use a harmonzier for part of it.)

It was completely unreal to watch.

Mike

Comment

Hey Michael! It was good to meet you at the party in our room Saturday night. Good times, for sure! Did Matt live through the night? HAHA!! Man, was he sh!tfaced!! He drank half my bottle of Jager!

Yeah, the dude from Circle II Circle had a really sweet SD Solist. I have a bunch of pics of it actually. I don't know if you noticed, but Thorstein Aaby of PAGAN'S MIND was playing the new soloist with the goofy headstock. Very cool! I asked him about them, and he told me he HAS an endorsement deal! That is cool, because that band is just unreal!

Victor is not of this earth. He was just destroying the place with his riffing - simply amazing!! Rage fukkin OWNED that night! Their drummer is INSANE!!

Comment

Indeed I did live. Thanks for the Jager... I think. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I didn't realize that drank 1/2 the bottle... sorry!

I was sh!tfaced, but not nearly as bad as some of the others there....
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Brian -

It was cool meeting you, too.

Matt survived, but he wasn't looking so good the next morning when we went to the airport. Come to think of it, neither was I. (Man, I gotta stop doing that to my liver.)

I thought the guy from PM had one of the Jackson Stars soloists - but I didn't look too hard. Hmm, must be nice to still have an endorsement. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Rage blew the place up! Apparently, some members of the PPUSA4 crew were, ahem, concerned when Rage's drummer announced that he was "going to destroy this drumset", since he apparently hits hard enough to actually DO it.

If that's not metal, I don't know what is! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike

Comment

Hey Matt: no problems, man. I would have liked to talk with you, but speaking was a difficult option in our state of condition! HAHA! Hell yeah, t'was a good party. Glad to meet you!

Mike: yeah, Thorstein said he has a custom shop also that he didn't play. I didn't have time to ask him about the soloist too much. I was very surprised to hear he was endorsed, due to the current European situation. But he loves the guitars and I am SO GLAD for that! One of my favorite bands AND he uses Jacksons! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

As for Mike Terrana, I have to say I think I believe him when he says he would destroy that kit! That guy hits the drums harder than anyone I have ever seen!! No triggers there! HAHAHA!!! Yeah, RAGE just smoked the place! But PAGAN'S MIND was the ultimate for me...

Comment

My post'll be half related, and half not. Another dude I came across who should be endorsed is Rusty Cooly. Might be old news, but this guy is amazing. He plays among other guitars a Jackson custom shop 7 string.

Here's his site: http://www.rustycooley.com/

Comment

Yeah, Rusty's a bad-ass - no question about that. Nice guy, too - met him at the ProgPower festival last year.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X