Vinnie Vincent Invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinnie Vincent Invasion

I just picked up the CD of "All Systems Go" today. Had the tape years ago, it's been a long time since I've heard it.

"Ashes to Ashes" has got to have one of the most difficult arrangements I have ever heard. As I'm driving I'm putting myself in the place of the drummer trying to keep up with all those changes. Very, very tough stuff.

I think Vinnie had a great tone on that album. Very warm and tubey.

Re: Vinnie Vincent Invasion

I had the first album, never got All Systems Go. I just thought Mark Slaughter sounded too much like a Robert Fleishman clone and he needed to get away from that.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It seemed to me on all systems go the band was tryin to cut vinnie out of the mix. Marks vocal were a lot louder then Vinnies guitar.Mark stole the band and pushed Vinnie out JMO.Thats a shame too Vinnie is one hell of a guitar player JMO again.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Great albums, great guitarist indeed!!!
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
          It seemed to me on all systems go the band was tryin to cut vinnie out of the mix. Marks vocal were a lot louder then Vinnies guitar.Mark stole the band and pushed Vinnie out JMO.Thats a shame too Vinnie is one hell of a guitar player JMO again.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He is a hell of a guitar player, but Mark didn't steal anything. Vinnie's drug problems got him tossed from Kiss and also cost him his record contract. Slaughter got their deal because the record company wanted to salvage some of the investment they'd made into VVI.
          Vinnie is his own worst enemy, as so many
          of us are. Hopefully the rumors that a new Invasion is in the works mean he's got his demons under control.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

That is exactly true, Vinnie had his own problems, a hell of a musician who got caught up in a world outside of guitar playing. Mark kept persuing his dream as a vocalist (and a damn good one at that) so look who came out ahead. I'm not talking down Vinnie though, he was just led down a bad road as a lot of us have been. I hope he comes back and I sincerely wish him the best.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Hey Guys~
              If I remember correctly, when the Invasion was first created Vinnie wasz looking for a vocalist. The story was that he received a demo of a vocalist that he fell in love with the style and sound and felt it to be a perfect fit with what he wanted to do with Invasion. Unfortunately, the demo had no return address or any info as to "Who" was singing. It was overheard by Robert Fleishman in a studio meeting one day and then he started to wail just like the demo. Obviously sounding a lot alike the tape and impressing Vinnie. Anyway, supposedly it a took awhile and obviously a recording later, but Mark Slaughter finally got back in touch and ultim ately replaced Robert. Lots of beer since the late 80's but this is the best to my recollection.

Brad

Comment

nope...according to VV, the nameless demo was just a story. vv was in other bands with robert going back to the 70s. robert left the band on his own terms, and i remember seeing an interview with him about it once... i believe it's on that pyro messiah site.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully I know you know Vinnie & not tryin to start any S#$% but I still have a catalog interview from the 80's with Vinnie & that was almost the exact insert that was by Vinnie with the tape story. Who know's that was then, I just hope that Vinnie comes back soon, he is still an awesome musician.

Comment

I'd guess that by "story" he meant they made it up, like EVH went around telling people he boiled his strings so he wouldn't have to stretch them? Throw out
                    some BS and see who actually buys it.

Think about it: Even in the drugged-up
                    80s, would YOU ever send out a demo without your name, address and phone # on it? Mark Slaughter's not a dummy; he's managed to keep his band going through the musical drought of the 90s when much more popular bands bit the dust. Made for a better story than just saying Robert Fleischman didn't fit the image/
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker8090:
                      Sully I know you know Vinnie & not tryin to start any S#$% but I still have a catalog interview from the 80's with Vinnie & that was almost the exact insert that was by Vinnie with the tape story. Who know's that was then, I just hope that Vinnie comes back soon, he is still an awesome musician.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">'

yeah, i remember that story too...that's why i asked him about it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I think the main reason they got Mark in was that Robert didn't want to go out on tour to support the first album, which is why Mark's in the video to Boyz are Gonna Rock and if you caught them supporting Alice Cooper and such, Mark was there. The demo with no name thing was just a made up story, told to spice things up and make it interesting. I wish Robert would have stayed on. Nothing agains Mark, great guy, and he didn't spoil the second album cause he would have had practically no say. The way it turned out is the way Vinnie wanted it at the time. Both great but different albums.

Comment

Working...
                        X